Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #1
cholvess
cholvess began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4.0 NT
Question Kindle 4.0 NT bricked [SOLVED]

[SOLVED]I'll first clarify that I'm asking this after doing much research but not finding anything.. My problem is that my kindle 4.0 nt got bricked on DIAGS MODE and the screen is frozen. I've tried holding the power button but nothing, the orange light (when conected) goes off after 15 seconds and holding up to 30 seconds and 1min 30 seconds does not help. All i've found wasn't any use. My kindle was fully charged before it got bricked so i dont think the problem is because of low battery. Maybe if there was some way of restoring it to factory settings errasing everything or something

SOLUTION: Using kubrick, the download was very slow so I used JDownloader. Once I burnt the iso and booted from it the process was very simple and fast and my kindle is now unbricked plus I had the option of Jailbreaking it from kubrick.

Last edited by cholvess; 04-23-2013 at 03:29 PM. Reason: SOLVED
cholvess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #2
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Does your computer recognize your Kindle when connected?
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #3
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
The thread below involves a (fairly) easy way to Debrick a Kindle. You could also try posing your question to this particular thread, since the people who frequent it are probably more likely better able to answer your question.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=206064
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #4
cholvess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
Does your computer recognize your Kindle when connected?
No, My computer does not recognize it. The computer makes a sound as if recognizing something and the kindle's light turns orange. Then, my computer installs drivers for the new hardware and all of that but it never gets to be recognized to the point where I see it in my pc.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:04 PM   #5
cholvess

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyspider View Post
The thread below involves a (fairly) easy way to Debrick a Kindle. You could also try posing your question to this particular thread, since the people who frequent it are probably more likely better able to answer your question.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=206064

I had already seen this and the problem was that when I tried to download it, it said two days left. If there's no other hoice. Maybe if someone had a link on another server.

Tags
bricked, diags, kindle 4 1.0, kindle 4 nt, unbrick