Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #31
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Doc Savage is out on DVD in anamorphic? Fantastic Must get hold of that one right smartly. Oh wait, is it only R1?

Yes currently region 1. They are sold directly on the Warner's website http://www.wbshop.com/Doc-Savage%3a-...l?cgid=ARCHIVE

Warner in their recent public chat promised to have other region available in a few weeks. :fingerscrossed:

Opening sequence is a little too magenta for me, but the rest was an extraordinary transfer. Compared to the LaserDisc version (which I have), the detail is amazing. you can see teh herringbones and subtle plaids in the suits...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:35 PM   #32
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Yes currently region 1. They are sold directly on the Warner's website http://www.wbshop.com/Doc-Savage%3a-...l?cgid=ARCHIVE

Warner in their recent public chat promised to have other region available in a few weeks. :fingerscrossed:

Opening sequence is a little too magenta for me, but the rest was an extraordinary transfer. Compared to the LaserDisc version (which I have), the detail is amazing. you can see teh herringbones and subtle plaids in the suits...
Excellent, crossing fingers for a Region 2 release to replace my ancient, not working anymore, VHS taped-off-the-telly copy
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2009, 12:06 AM   #33
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
@jplurney - have you read any of the actual Indiana Jones Novels? There's quite a few of them, not so sure about their availability but I read a good handful of them awhile back and they're just as much fun as the movies. I'm not sure if you can buy them any longer, and my ebook search for them came up empty, but here's a Wikipedia entry on them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana...e#Adult_novels
I didn't realize there were so many of them out there. No ebooks! Argh!

Thanks!
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:05 AM   #34
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
I cringe to admit it

Have you tried Clive Cussler? I would consider them very Indiana Jones'ish. They are fun adventure stories, while admitidly being highly improbable. Anyway ever so often I grab one when I was something that doesn't require alot of thought.

Clive Cussler also is nice for an audio book, when on long drives.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:19 PM   #35
ould
Zealot
ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Another option similar to Clive Cussler would be Ted Bell's Alexander Hawke series. I think they are all available in Ebook format. I have read the first 4 and they were decent, similar to Cussler's Dirk Pitt.

Also James Rollins books are good adventure type tales. I have read a couple and they were decent. I think I read Map of Bones and one other, maybe called Subterrainean or something similar to that.

I have read most of Mathew Reilly's stuff who was previously mentioned and they were pretty entertaining.

I am sure there is more I have read of this type but I can't remember at the moment, lol.

Kevin
ould is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2009, 06:09 PM   #36
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Actually, I've just been reading Boyd Morrison's "The Ark", which I'd recommend as being worth a look in that vein.

They're mentioned elsewhere in the Freebies section & the author's recently joined MR, I believe. The books are currently available as Mobi, PDF or online HTML but I understand that ePub versions are due to be added in a few days or so.

[Edit] And are now available there in ePub too...

Last edited by gwynevans; 04-10-2009 at 05:17 PM.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote