Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-07-2014, 06:36 AM   #511
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Firstly, I'll admit to rarely using "Copy annotations for Selected Book". It seemed to work the last time I tried, but it wouldn't surprise me to much if it is broken a bit.

To start with, can you run calibre in debug mode, connect the Glo and copy the annotations for the book that is having trouble? Then either post or PM me the log file.

If that doesn't help enough, a copy of the database from your Aura and the annotations that did get copied probably will. That way I can try and work out what is common about what is being extracted and what is not. Either put the files somewhere I can download them and PM me the link, or PM me for an email address to send the files to.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:14 AM   #512
omnimodis78
Enthusiast
omnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Sorry, I haven't been able to work that one out. The stats come from another table in the database. This contains some information I haven't been able to replicate. It's on my TODO list to look at again, but I don't expect to very soon.
Thank you for the clear response! Your plug-in is simply a must for Kobo owners! Thank you for your hard work.
omnimodis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2014, 04:02 AM   #513
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Update to Kobo Utilities plugin - V1.6.6

I have just uploaded a new version of the plugin. This has two changes:
  • Change: When storing book status, use the status from the furtherest along copy if there are multiple copies. This is latest status, date or percent read.
  • Change: Make jobs DeviceJobs so they won't get run at same time as initial device jobs.

The first change will probably be most noticeable by people who have purchased a book from Kobo but have also sideloaded the epub version. What I frequently do is start reading the downloaded kepub but swap to the epub if I don't like the formatting of the kepub. When doing this, sometimes the store would keep storing the reading position for the kepub. This change should make sure the status will be stored for the copy that is actually being read.

The other change is because of a occasional problem with the automatic backup. I few people have reported that the backup was shown to be corrupted but the database on the device wasn't. I had this happen a couple of times as well. This was probably because the backup was done while the "Send metadata to device" job was running. That job could update the database so there was a risk that the copy was done while changes were being made. The change will mean that the automatic jobs the plugin runs will be run as device jobs and ensures the jobs are run sequentially. This will also mean that while the jobs are running, calibre will not allow the device to be ejected.

As usual, the update will be announced within calibre in a little while. And if anyone has any problems with it, please tell me.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:04 AM   #514
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn View Post
Hi David,

On my KOBO Aura I use the Kobo Utilities plugin. I use it, amongst others, to copy any annotations I made to my PC. For that I use the 'Copy annotations for Selected Book' option. From the window with annotations that appears than, the clipboard is used to put the annotations in a Word file for later use. A bit of a clumsy method, but it works.

Now, this seems to work for some books but for others not...? In the previous book I read: fine, no problem.
However, in the book I am reading now,many marks are absent in the clipboard window as they are present in the KOBO.
So that everyone knows...

jmn supplied me with files and enough info to find what the problems is. It is that the annotation code doesn't handle sideloaded kepubs properly. At the time the code was written, there were no sideloaded kepubs. Plus, Kobo has changed some things about how kepubs are handled.

The problem is actually not in the utilities plugin, it is in the driver code. I'll get a fix in to that as soon as I work out the best way to do it.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #515
Crysik
Crysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hey guys, I've been getting this error when I try to set series data on my Aura HD since the last update, would appreciate some help...

calibre, version 1.36.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:u'usePlugboard'

calibre 1.36 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1365, in manage_series_on_device
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 2860, in _update_metadata
KeyError: u'usePlugboard'

Last edited by Crysik; 05-11-2014 at 03:13 PM.
Crysik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2014, 11:14 PM   #516
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crysik View Post
Hey guys, I've been getting this error when I try to set series data on my Aura HD since the last update, would appreciate some help...

calibre, version 1.36.0

Python 2.7.5
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1365, in manage_series_on_device
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 2860, in _update_metadata
I missed setting some options when I changed some code a little while back. Thanks for the report. I have fixed it and uploaded v1.6.7. Calibre will make it available soon.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:14 PM   #517
Crysik
Crysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to beholdCrysik is a marvel to behold

Quote:
I missed setting some options when I changed some code a little while back. Thanks for the report. I have fixed it and uploaded v1.6.7. Calibre will make it available soon.
I installled the update and tried again but I get a simmilar error

calibre, version 1.36.0

Python 2.7.5
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1352, in manage_series_on_device
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 2847, in _update_metadata
Old 05-12-2014, 10:27 PM   #518
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crysik View Post
I installled the update and tried again but I get a simmilar error

calibre, version 1.36.0

Python 2.7.5
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1352, in manage_series_on_device
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 2847, in _update_metadata
That was actually the same line of code. I deleted a few earlier that renumbered things.

My fix looked reasonable but was actually stupid. It worked for me purely because I had used one of the other functions of the plugin recently. I have fixed it, done some testing, removed some options from the where they get stored and retested. It is working properly and I have posted the update.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:08 AM   #519
Crysik

Quote:
That was actually the same line of code. I deleted a few earlier that renumbered things.

My fix looked reasonable but was actually stupid. It worked for me purely because I had used one of the other functions of the plugin recently. I have fixed it, done some testing, removed some options from the where they get stored and retested. It is working properly and I have posted the update.
It works now! Thank you very much, you're awsome, your plugin is awsome and this community is awsome!
Old 05-13-2014, 02:34 PM   #520
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
I'm seeing an error with v1.6.8 of the plugin. When the plugin says it is "Storing reading position for 107 books" it fails shortly after displaying a window with a sort of progress bar. The error information shown is:

Code:
calibre, version 1.36.0 (darwin, isfrozen: True)
Failed to get reading positions: Failed: Storing reading positions for 107 books

[Errno 32] Broken pipe

File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 86, in run
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs", line 220, in do_store_locations
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs", line 39, in debug_print
IOError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe
I had previously done a factory reset (Aura firmware 3.3.0), and Database > Check says the database is ok.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:36 AM   #521
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

No, that's a problem in the plugin. It does some logging into memory and I think it is filling the buffer. I have just put up a version where the logging in the background jobs has been turned off. That should fix this.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:50 PM   #522
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
No, that's a problem in the plugin. It does some logging into memory and I think it is filling the buffer. I have just put up a version where the logging in the background jobs has been turned off. That should fix this.
Thanks, I'll wait for the update. (Caliber isn't reporting any update to 1.6.8 yet.)
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:11 PM   #523
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
I must admit...I thought I'd been using this and never was. Now that I've had to reload books on my device several times and guesstimate where I left off on a few and I using it for sure.

I am still trying to reconcile in my mind what some of the terminology is indicating (so I don't mess things up) but yay

ty
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:05 PM   #524
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
I must admit...I thought I'd been using this and never was. Now that I've had to reload books on my device several times and guesstimate where I left off on a few and I using it for sure.
It usually takes one factory reset to convince people.
Quote:
I am still trying to reconcile in my mind what some of the terminology is indicating (so I don't mess things up) but yay
I'll admit that I have not been completely consistent with terms used in the plugin, the help and my posts here. Sometime in the future I'll clean it up. If I don't get distracted by a new idea.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:35 PM   #525
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
David: My database got corrupted on my Kobo Aura HD. I logged out of my Kobo account, deleted all the books off my Aura, and the reinstalled them. I unplugged the device and then plugged it in. When I tried to run the Kobo utilities to order the shelves, it looks like it worked, but when I go to the device, the collections are out of order and the shelves are not ordered. This all used to work.

I am using calibre 1.36 and KoboUtilties 1.6.8. I have firmware 3.3.0 on the device.

Any ideas as to what I messed up would be appreciated.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities