Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-07-2013, 08:03 AM   #1081
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I can assure you that apps "disappearing" from your device isn't a Mantano related issue.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:47 AM   #1082
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I can assure you that apps "disappearing" from your device isn't a Mantano related issue.
I just replied to the Moon+ thread and while writing, it occurred to me to wonder if a corrupt SD card might be an issue? I've been using it for a while, and heavily, and I think Mantano operates from the SD card, yes?
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #1083
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Mantano is the only app I've ever found disappearing, and it has done so on every device I've used it on (except possibly my Nook HD+, I don't recall for sure), but especially on my phones where it doesn't get used often.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:02 PM   #1084
IngoBN
Enthusiast
IngoBN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IngoBN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IngoBN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IngoBN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IngoBN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IngoBN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IngoBN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IngoBN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IngoBN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IngoBN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IngoBN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7, Samsung Galaxy SII
Same Problem here. Moving the App to the internal storage works for me
IngoBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:50 AM   #1085
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IngoBN View Post
Same Problem here. Moving the App to the internal storage works for me
I wasn't aware that it installs to the SD card. That doesn't seem like a good idea for those who change SD cards often. I keep a lot of pdf documents on my card - postgrad notes, scientific papers and those take up a lot of space. I'll try it and see. Will the next upgrade be installed in the SD card?
Advert
Old 05-08-2013, 07:29 AM   #1086
IngoBN
Enthusiast
IngoBN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IngoBN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IngoBN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IngoBN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IngoBN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IngoBN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IngoBN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IngoBN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IngoBN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IngoBN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IngoBN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7, Samsung Galaxy SII
Yes, it will...
IngoBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #1087
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
I wasn't aware that it installs to the SD card. That doesn't seem like a good idea for those who change SD cards often. I keep a lot of pdf documents on my card - postgrad notes, scientific papers and those take up a lot of space. I'll try it and see. Will the next upgrade be installed in the SD card?
App installs to SD card is a holdover from when devices only had 512MB-1GB internal storage (with only 100-400MB user-accessible). If your device is rooted, it's possible to change default installation behavior. I use the ROM Toolbox Pro app to set apps to install to internal storage.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #1088
citac
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IngoBN View Post
Yes, it will...
:muttergrumble:
Old 05-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #1089
citac
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
App installs to SD card is a holdover from when devices only had 512MB-1GB internal storage (with only 100-400MB user-accessible). If your device is rooted, it's possible to change default installation behavior. I use the ROM Toolbox Pro app to set apps to install to internal storage.
It's not rooted; though I don't dislike rooting and have done it with a Viewsonic GTablet that had Froyo, I am more reluctant to do it with my current tablet - not top of the line, but a very nice Prestigio 10" and Jelly Bean... I'll have to look into what I can do with unrooted device, or perhaps even if the developers intend to change this behavior (not holding out any hoe, but still...) Thanks!
Old 05-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #1090
Jane12
Groupie
Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iDevices
Quote:
Landscape/two-column seems to work OK for me in the epubs I've tried it with (v2.3.14). Not that I'd really want to use it on a 7" screen.
Is there a way to turn off two-column mode in landscape when reading epub so that it just displays a single column?

I've poked around the settings for a while and can't find anything. Any help greatly appreciated.

P.S. I'm using Mantano Reader Essentials, if that makes a difference.

Last edited by Jane12; 05-15-2013 at 05:45 PM. Reason: added info
Jane12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:24 PM   #1091
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane12 View Post
Is there a way to turn off two-column mode in landscape when reading epub so that it just displays a single column?

I've poked around the settings for a while and can't find anything. Any help greatly appreciated.

I can't vouch for Essentials, but the full, paid version of Mantano has a simple checkbox in the EPUB section of the settings to disable/enable two pages in landscape.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #1092
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Now if only they gave us a checkbox to turn off DTB roleplay (goofy page turn animation).
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #1093
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
Now if only they gave us a checkbox to turn off DTB roleplay (goofy page turn animation).
I have that checkbox.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #1094
Jane12
Groupie
Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iDevices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane12 View Post

Quote:
I can't vouch for Essentials, but the full, paid version of Mantano has a simple checkbox in the EPUB section of the settings to disable/enable two pages in landscape.
Now I'm bummed. I'm new to Mantano. I purchased the $2.99 Essentials version today rather than the $6.99 Premium version because it looked like the only difference is the Premium version included "Notes Manager," which I don't really need.

Where can I find the "EPUB section" of the settings? If it's under the Settings gear icon to the far right, then I don't have it on Essentials. I also checked under the Themes and Display icons, but couldn't find any checkbox.

Thanks!
Jane12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #1095
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

In the Premium version, after tapping the Settings "gear" (from the main menu), I tap on the "Reader" sub-section to get to the landscape and page animation settings. Going to the settings from within an ePub takes me directly to that "Reader" subsection of the settings.