Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-08-2011, 12:33 AM   #1
jjoensuu
jjoensuu began at the beginning.

Device: None
Any ereaders that support MS OneNote documents?

I have noticed that quite a few ereaders "support" MS Office documents, or at least Word and Excel. Although some only seem to support the documents for viewing, others allow for annotating of the document, which is great.

Would anyone know of an ereader that supports MS OneNote documents, preferably not just for viewing but for working with? Or am I stuck having to buy a small Win 7 slate if this is what I want?

Thanks for any tips,
jjoensuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:36 AM   #2
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

MS recently released an iOS app for iPad/iPhone/Touch devices running iOS 4.2.x but that is the only reader type app I know of for OneNote docs. Of course you can always save the OneNote stuff to an HTML format and most readers can handle that well enough. Or print to a PDF with something like CutePDF Writer.

For now though it seems either a Win7 device, using the OneNote app for iOS or the HTML/PDF options to get your content to pretty much any reader.

I expect there will be a reader app for WebOS soon as there are more devices running it as well as an Android 3 version as well. But when? Who knows.
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2011, 06:06 PM   #3
Runs4Brains
Runs4Brains has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Runs4Brains has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Runs4Brains has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Runs4Brains has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro
As an added plus, I know OneNote was FREE in the iTunes store as of yesterday. Not sure if it still is though.
Runs4Brains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #4
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
There is an Android app for reading/syncing OneNote files. I don't remember the name right now.

Joe
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #5
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
This is the Android app I was thinking of. Looks like will cost you $1.25/month to sync through their servers.

http://www.mobilenoter.com/

Here is the MS iPhone app mentioned above. Hopefully they are working on an Android version.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/microsoft...xperience.aspx

Joe
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
onenote