Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-10-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Download page not accessible

At the moment it seems the download page is not accessible?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:15 PM   #2
giddion
Connoisseur
giddion doesn't littergiddion doesn't litter

Device: samsung i910 now - cybook later
Same for me. I'm getting a page with the error:
No handler matched request to /download

Things is about half an hour ago I saw the new version there but finished watching the simpson before I went to D/L. Shows what I get for rotting my brain with TV.
giddion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2009, 07:16 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
should be working now
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:22 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Fixed - I can now download OK.

BTW Does 136 include the refactored "Adding Books" dialog code? Just for you information, if not, then 135 was a BIG improvement over previous releases in that the dialog would only hang around about 10% of the time whereas previously it was close to 100%. In those cases where it still did not hide itself it seemed to be associated with me having done something to the dialog like trying to move it while the books were being added to the database.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:30 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yeah it does. try it and see, I tested it in an XP single processor VM and it worked well for me
Advert
Old 02-11-2009, 02:46 AM   #6
itimpi
Wizard

The Add Books dialog certainly seems a lot more robust now in that it always correctly disappears at the end of adding books!

The only thing I noticed (which I agree is not critical) is that the messages in the dialog are not updating as the source suggests they should. The dialog starts by saying "reading Metadata" and the "read Metadata from filename" messages never appear. The "reading Metadata" continues to be displayed while in fact it is actually adding the first book to the database instead of a "Adding books to database" message appearing. It then updates itself to say "Added bookname to library" which stays displayed while it is adding the next book. I wonder if calls to processEvents() are still required after you have used set_msg to() change the message to ensure the messages display correctly?
Old 02-11-2009, 03:26 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

yeah the GUI is not updated on every message posted, but that's a feature. Making the GUI updates synchronous will just slow things down. As long as the user gets reasonably steady feedback, the purpose of the progress dialog is served.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:32 AM   #8
itimpi
Wizard

I understand - but what is the point in having the code to display messages if they never appear!

I would suggest you either add the processEvents() calls in this case, or remove the messages from the code to keep the code simpler! My personal preference would be to add the processEvents after changing the message as because it is a long running process the extra messages are re-assuring to the user and the processEvent calls are minimal overhead.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:18 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I dont much care since it's a windows only issue, so if it bothers you feel free to submit a patch