Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-11-2013, 02:38 AM   #1
icaria
icaria began at the beginning.

Device: none
File Size Increases when converting to epub

Hi,

When I convert a mobi/azw file to epub, I have noticed that the final epub file size is always a lot larger than the original mobi/azw. Normally, the original file is less than 500kb, but the converted epub comes to over 2000kb.

I do add the metadata as a separate page into the epub and was wondering if that is what is causing the file increase? Or do I need to change something in my conversion settings?

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Tks!

Last edited by icaria; 10-11-2013 at 05:27 AM.
icaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:44 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Most of that will come from the larger cover that will be from your calibre library as opposed to the smaller cover in the original mobi.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2013, 03:38 AM   #3
icaria

Thank You so much!

So I need to reduce the size of the cover image in the calibre library. Will go now and try to figure it out... thanks again!
Old 10-11-2013, 05:27 AM   #4
icaria

P.S. Just figured out it wasn't the cover but that I had somehow embedded the Arial Font Family in the conversion settings. Once I cleared them, the file size reduced quite dramatically.