Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #16
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW, M92
Exclamation Jumping to page 1-bug replicated!

Ok, now i have found how the error jumping to page 1 when turning pages, instead of going to the previous page can be replicated:

1. Open PDF
2. Go to PAGE SETTINGS -> set a "Universal Manual" margin
3. Go to READING -> choose a SELECTION ZOOM (I don't know, if it works with all zoom settings, but i tested it with two and three column PDFs)
4. Go to READING -> Switch to PAPER MODE
5. Now, when turning to the previous page, the reader jumps to the first page of the PDF.
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:24 AM   #17
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Arrow Scribling in Scrolling Mode not possible on some pages displayed

Scribling in Scrolling Mode Bug.
If more than 2 pages of document are displayed, scribbling is possible only on 1st page if one made Next Page and the last one if one made Previous Page.

If there are 1 full page and parts of previous and next page, then it is possible to scrible in middle page, but not on 1st and 3rd.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #18
ghudod
Connoisseur
ghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toys

Device: none
Everytime I exit a menu, for example after setting contrast level, by pressing the X, pdfreader closes the pdf and throw me back to the main menu of the reader. When I reopen the pdf, it doesn't remember the last page so I guess we can call this a "crash to desktop".

Only happened with 1 pdf so far, mainly because I only have tried to read this pdf for now.

Any idea?

Edit: just tried again after setting "use old pfdreader" and it doesn't crash anymore after exiting menu.

Last edited by ghudod; 02-12-2013 at 06:17 PM.
ghudod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:26 AM   #19
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
What's happen if you press the escape button ?
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #20
ghudod
Connoisseur
ghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
What's happen if you press the escape button ?
I didn't think of that , thanks. It exits the menu fine, its ok as a workaround .
ghudod is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2013, 07:33 AM   #21
fatran
fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx M92
Pdfreader shortcomings in M92:

When reading epub in pdfreader:
1. I am not able to set Font family. It is not declared anywhere, but it seems that all texts are displayed using "Minion Pro" font family. I would like to be able to set font like "Droid sans" which is more suitable for onscreen viewing.

2. Font size setting is individual for every epub file. Individual font setting is unsuitable. The default is 100%, which is too small. Maximum is 340%. I use 240%, which roughly correspond to 26pt size in Coolreader viewer.

While individual setting of page mode, autocrop, ... for PDF files is OK, the individual setting of font family and font size is unsuitable for epub viewing. Font settings should be applied generally to all files viewed in pdfreader - similarly to coolreader behaviour.

3. There is no setting for blank margin around text in epub files.
fatran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #22
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatran View Post
Pdfreader shortcomings in M92:

When reading epub in pdfreader:
1. I am not able to set Font family. It is not declared anywhere, but it seems that all texts are displayed using "Minion Pro" font family. I would like to be able to set font like "Droid sans" which is more suitable for onscreen viewing.

2. Font size setting is individual for every epub file. Individual font setting is unsuitable. The default is 100%, which is too small. Maximum is 340%. I use 240%, which roughly correspond to 26pt size in Coolreader viewer.

While individual setting of page mode, autocrop, ... for PDF files is OK, the individual setting of font family and font size is unsuitable for epub viewing. Font settings should be applied generally to all files viewed in pdfreader - similarly to coolreader behaviour.

3. There is no setting for blank margin around text in epub files.
Hi,
It's some known diffculties allready mentioned. With PDFReader you can't change the font or the margin width.
Booxtor said that change the font with the PDFreader could be impossible.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #23
fatran
fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

pdfreader lacks more hyphenation dictionaries. There are only 6 languages (de, en, es, fr, it, pt) in /usr/share/adobe/resources/hyphenDicts/

(Coolreader contains 23 hyphenation languages.)

I am not able to find pdfreader hyphenation files (*.dic) for czech and slovak language. Is there any chance to get these files?
Old 03-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #24
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

I do not know, but try to ask at support of Czech distributor. They might know.

https://www.geekbook.cz/
Old 03-07-2013, 04:40 AM   #25
geekbook
GeekBook.cz
geekbook began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 – GeekBook
I will try to let Onyx include Czech and Slovak hypenation

I will try to let Onyx include Czech and Slovak hypenation as attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip hyph_cs_CZ.zip (10.9 KB, 165 views)
File Type: zip hyph_sk_SK.zip (7.4 KB, 163 views)
geekbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:25 PM   #26
Mono
Mono

Thanks.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:06 AM   #27
fatran

geekbook was so kind to provide these files. Unfortunately, these files don't work. However, the fix is simple - recode the file from ISO8859-2 encoding to UTF-8 encoding and change the file header.

I am sending repaired files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip hyph_cs.zip (10.8 KB, 183 views)
File Type: zip hyph_sk.zip (7.3 KB, 153 views)
Old 03-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #28
Randy11
Wizard

Bug 1.8 (1.8.20121113) + PDFReader_Patch 2013.01.02 : Key mapping in paper mode.

Hi,
Connectedt to this bug (same firmware and patchs) : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...46&postcount=8.
In paper mode, when you use the pad to turn the page, for a page that could be seen in 4 steps, you can see part 1 (up-left), part 2 (bottom-left), part 1 (bottom-left) from the next page.

Last edited by Randy11; 03-17-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #29
Randy11
Wizard

Bug 1.8 (1.8.20121113) + PDFReader_Patch 2013.01.02 : Go back to page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenderland View Post
Ok, now i have found how the error jumping to page 1 when turning pages, instead of going to the previous page can be replicated:

1. Open PDF
2. Go to PAGE SETTINGS -> set a "Universal Manual" margin
3. Go to READING -> choose a SELECTION ZOOM (I don't know, if it works with all zoom settings, but i tested it with two and three column PDFs)
4. Go to READING -> Switch to PAPER MODE
5. Now, when turning to the previous page, the reader jumps to the first page of the PDF.
I confirm this bug.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:25 PM   #30
Danel
Danel began at the beginning.

Hi,

I was wondering if someone else noticed an important slowdown of the ebook reader with some kinds of pdf pages. In particular I have troubles with some papers that have some pages with little tables. Even if there is just one little table in the page, taking annotations is quite impossible (it takes many seconds to highlight the text) and menus or messagebox (to quit from the document, for example) show up whit a significant delay. Even turning the page require much more time than usual (even if the next page is plain text only).
Danel is offline   Reply With Quote