Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
nusquama
nusquama began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
AZW3

hi,

I buy a book on my kindle paperwhite. The format is azw3. This format is very bad. the margins are tight.

So i take off drm with calibre, convert in mobi.

But after, my kindle doesn't accept the new book.mobi. It cannot duplicate. So i delete from my amazon account the book.azw3 i bought. And i send again in my kindle the book.mobi. But the kindle say i have one my account and i have to download it, but now it's delete...

So i don't know what can i do. Sometimes it's better to download the book on torrent !

Sorry,for my english i am french

thanks

Last edited by nusquama; 11-25-2012 at 05:51 PM.
nusquama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

If you delete a book directly from your Amazon archive you PERMANENTLY delete it. That is the equivalent of throwing a print book in the trash. So don't blame Amazon for your mistake. Only delete books from your Paperwhite if you want them to remain in your archive/cloud.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the margins are tight." Does that mean the margins are too narrow or too wide?

Last edited by jswinden; 11-25-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Advert
Old 11-25-2012, 06:42 PM   #3
nusquama
nusquama began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
i blame because the book.azw3 had narrow margin....
nusquama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Blame the author or publisher if the margins are too narrow. They created the book, not Amazon. Amazon merely sells them.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:52 PM   #5
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusquama View Post
hi,

I buy a book on my kindle paperwhite. The format is azw3. This format is very bad. the margins are tight.

So i take off drm with calibre, convert in mobi.

But after, my kindle doesn't accept the new book.mobi. It cannot duplicate. So i delete from my amazon account the book.azw3 i bought. And i send again in my kindle the book.mobi. But the kindle say i have one my account and i have to download it, but now it's delete...

So i don't know what can i do. Sometimes it's better to download the book on torrent !

thanks
Call Kindle (not amazon) support and tell them the entire story, leaving out the DRM stripping part.

alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2012, 12:58 AM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Next time just convert it to mobi in Calibre. Check remove margins, Padding and Floats in Look and Feel then Under Mobi Options select Old Mobi.

Problem should be solved.

You can then sideload it or email it to your Kindle.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:41 PM   #7
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by nusquama View Post

thanks
If the previous replies haven't helped, you might try the Amazon Kindle in the Forum Français. It's a bit farther down the forums page under Non-English discussions.

I'm sorry that I can't tell you how helpful those folks are, I don't read French.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote