Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
AThirstyMind
A Thirsty Mind
AThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with others

Device: Kindle Fire, iPad, iPhone
Help with validation errors

HELP, my epub validation was rejected. I had just a couple of errors but they were all over my doc.

All the Chapter Headings (using Word Style...Heading 1)...and these Chapters were also bookmarked (probably unnecessary, yes?)...had this validation error
'_Chapter_"name of the Chapter is here"':fragment identifier is not define in 'OEBPS.

Then in my TOC when I hyperlinked the toc back to each location (also probably not needed since the epub is built with a TOC h1 feature, right?) I got
"name" not allowed, expected "class" or "id" or lots of other things, but class and id I understand
AThirstyMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:42 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Go back and delete the links for the ToC both in the headers for each chapter and delete the ToC as well. then try again. You are correct, you don't need the internal ToC. It's redundant. Also, once the ePub is made, go into it and clean up the mess that is Word. The code under the hood is going to be awful.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2011, 06:08 PM   #3
AThirstyMind
A Thirsty Mind
AThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with others

Device: Kindle Fire, iPad, iPhone
Wow, thanks! I'm thankfully doing just a few formats for a couple of authors. My main job is scanning/OCR/cleaning(proofing). I'm great at that! I think I'll go back to just that full time again.
AThirstyMind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub validation, errors, fragment identifier