Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-02-2009, 03:18 PM   #1
jake__
jake__ began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
Question 1st vs 2nd edition device

Hello everybody, I'm about to buy an ebook reader, I read mainly A4 pdfs with some pictures, I'm yet undecided between a cybook gen3 (280€) and an iliad 1st edition(390€).
I've searched around the forum, but I can't find the difference between the 1st and 2nd edition Iliad, aside from some battery life and different casing.
Does anyone know more about this? I'm willink to pay the extra 100 if the difference between 1st edition and 2nd edition is minimal!

thanks in advance

Jake__

Last edited by jake__; 03-02-2009 at 03:21 PM. Reason: sorry wrong forum, mod please move...
jake__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:57 PM   #2
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
this is not the forum of the iliad.

But, from wikipedia

Version 2

In September 2007, iRex Technologies released an update to the iLiad. While officially called "iLiad 2nd Edition", it is generally noted to be a minor update to the original.

The update includes:

* Redesigned backplane
* Increased battery capacity
* Software version 2.11
* Updated travel charger
* Included case

The 2.11 software, which contains stylus calibration, extended battery life, and other things, is also available to first-generation iLiads.

In other side, you should consider to buy the digital reader instead the iliad, because irex consider the iliad an outdated device and you will not see more updated firmwares.

Last edited by whopper; 03-02-2009 at 08:59 PM.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:06 PM   #3
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake__ View Post
I've searched around the forum, but I can't find the difference between the 1st and 2nd edition Iliad, aside from some battery life and different casing.
That's basically it. 3 hour extra battery life and a slightly different case design.

IMO, the biggest difference is that if you're buying a 1st edition, it must be a used one somewhere? Since they're all older than a year you won't have any warranty left. If you buy a new 2nd edition, it'll come with a 1 year warranty.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1st, 2nd, cybook, edition, iliad