Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-18-2008, 01:37 PM   #1
ponga163
ponga163 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Where are books stored in eBook Library?

I can't find my books on my hard drive. I want to move them to another folder while I uninstall/reinstall the eBook Library software per Sony Support. Uninstalling/reinstalling their way will delete all my books so I want to save them. Where are they?
ponga163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:06 PM   #2
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
Windows XP:
My Documents/My Books/eBook Library/
for those you have purchased from SONY CONNECT.
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2008, 04:39 PM   #3
keith
Enthusiast
keith began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Windows XP

C:/Documents and settings/User name/Local Settings/Application Data/Sony Corporation/eBook library/Database/kLibrary/

For books which you have not purchased from Sony Connect but added to the library.
keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 06:25 PM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
And, if you have made any books using Book Designer, they can be found in My computer/c drive/program files/ Book Designer 4/Sony Reader.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:50 PM   #5
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
So does anyone know if eBook Library has stored all my Word Docs that it converted into rtf somewhere? I have a couple hundred word docs on my Reader, and just moved to a new PC. The folders above contained all my lrf files, but I can't find the doc/rtf's anywhere... I'd hate to have to re-import them into library again...

Thanks!
Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2008, 11:43 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
So does anyone know if eBook Library has stored all my Word Docs that it converted into rtf somewhere? I have a couple hundred word docs on my Reader, and just moved to a new PC. The folders above contained all my lrf files, but I can't find the doc/rtf's anywhere... I'd hate to have to re-import them into library again...
Importing to Sony library software doesn't really "import" them. They are just added to the library with a pointer to the original file. You can see the path of the file if you look at the "book info" display.

The file is converted to .rtf with Word on the fly and put onto your device. I don't think the file is every saved anywhere on your PC.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:21 PM   #7
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Importing to Sony library software doesn't really "import" them. They are just added to the library with a pointer to the original file. You can see the path of the file if you look at the "book info" display.

The file is converted to .rtf with Word on the fly and put onto your device. I don't think the file is every saved anywhere on your PC.

BOb
Ah, thanks. I was afraid of that. So I guess re-import is my option...

Hewene
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:08 PM   #8
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Ah, thanks. I was afraid of that. So I guess re-import is my option...

Hewene
Yes, but remember that you can import not just files but also folders. So put all your docs in one folder and import the lot in one swoop, while you go and have a cup of tea.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Yes, but remember that you can import not just files but also folders. So put all your docs in one folder and import the lot in one swoop, while you go and have a cup of tea.
He can also just copy the .rtf files from the Reader back to the Sony Library if he still has the books on the Reader.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote