Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-14-2012, 04:47 AM   #1
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Auto update books already on device?

I use Calibre with the Kobo Vox and have all my books stored on it, used the Calibre send to device option on it (stored on internal sd card).

I have noticed that some of my books have slight format errors so have done a reconvert of them, when I next connect up my Vox will these changes automatically get transferred across?

or will I need to remove books from device and then re add them

Thanks
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:08 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The books will need to be resent as Calibre has no auto-sync capabilities.

I am not sure with the Kobo if you need to first delete the books. Some readers have a tendency to cache data about books and so do not notice a resend. I am not sure if the Kobo falls into this category.

You might find it useful to look into the Reading List plugin. I find it useful to maintain a list of books that I later need to sync to my device as I can add them to the list without the device being connected. In your case this could be at the point where you amend a book.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2012, 07:31 AM   #3
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Thanks for the info, will check that plugin out

There are 2 steps for getting them into the Kobo Vox

1, Send from Calibre onto the internal card (calibre show which books are on the device)
2, Import into Library from card (copies them somewhere else I believe)

I knew I would have to delete them from the library and re add them here, wasnt sure if I also needed to remove the copy from the internal memory card also and then re add it

it's no hardship to remove/add the book again, was just seeing if i could simplify things by not having to do this step (hoping calibre would see it had changed and automatically copy it back to the Kobo)
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote