Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-19-2010, 06:17 AM   #1
Sparkling
Sparkling began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-600
Editing SONY collections on device in calibre

Is this a feature that will return or is it permanently removed? I used that daily and manually changing the calibre library book then transferring to device and then changing calibre book back to original is very impractical for me and takes a lot of time. Should I change back to an earlier version of calibre or have some more patience?
Sparkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:50 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkling View Post
Is this a feature that will return or is it permanently removed? I used that daily and manually changing the calibre library book then transferring to device and then changing calibre book back to original is very impractical for me and takes a lot of time. Should I change back to an earlier version of calibre or have some more patience?
Sigh ...

These posts asking why collections couldn't be edited have puzzled me, because I saw that the code explicitly supported it. Today I finally decided to take on the puzzle, and found the problem. One character wrong in one line of code. As I said, sigh...

Musing aside, I have fixed it and can edit collections for my PRS-300 on the device view. I don't see a reason it won't work for the other Sonys. Assuming that further testing is successful, the change will be available with the next release, which should be in a week or so.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2010, 11:54 AM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Sigh ... ...One character wrong in one line of code.
I don't know why the code won't do what we want it to do instead of what we tell it to do.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote