Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-09-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.

What a wonderful quote used by Roger Ebert in this piece on books:

http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2009...sh_a_life.html

It is a light but interesting read and look at how much influence just owning books can have in our lives.

I thought it was interesting...have fun.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:46 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Ironically (?), this quote (by Erasmus by the way) was on bookmarks that Amazon gave away years ago when you bought books from them. A foretaste of their market strategy?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
What a fun article. I ended up following a couple of links and was gone for a while exploring. I even read some of the comments he made to posters commenting on his post. The link, by a poster, to the crazy amazon reviewer was hilarious.

"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes."-Desiderius Erasmus.

***I put this on a book mark +++ years ago and still love it.... Now, I guess, I may have to make a sticker to put somewhere in the zippered Sony cover***
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebert, paper books, reading