Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-04-2008, 10:35 AM   #1
molochei
molochei began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle & Cyrillic (Question for Igor)

Hello, Igor:

Judging by your name you are natively russian speaking person. I wanted to ask you if you have tried to enable support for russian language on kindle. From what I understand kindle currently dose not support russian language. Is this something that can be changed by simply loading UNICODE font?

Thank you, and I am waiting for your response.
molochei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
The fonts on the Kindle reside on a read-only partition, so changing them needs reflashing. It's doable, but less safe than if it would be possible to put them on r/w partition...
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2008, 01:57 AM   #3
molochei
molochei began at the beginning.

But how?

How is it possible to tell kindle to load fonts from the let's say sd card? This would require some changes to the system, therefore reflashing?
molochei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:01 PM   #4
iflowers
iflowers began at the beginning.

Is there a detailed instruction on how to load russian fonts on Kindle? Please help, I really would like to read lib.ru on my Kindle.
iflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:49 AM   #5
Blog Kindle
Addict
Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle 1/2/3/4/Touch/DX/Fire|PRS-600/350|Nook(color)|iPad|iPad2|EVO 4G
Instructions and download links for Kindle 2 can be found here: Kindle 2 Unicode Hack
Blog Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert