Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #106
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, the page numbers add-in works fine with the KT.
Oh, good to know. I haven't been using calibre much lately, and only rarely for side-loading to my Kindle since the last round of Personal Documents service improvements.

But now Amazon needs to update to PD service to support KF8.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #107
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That is NOT a photo of a KT as a KT is a Kobo Touch. That is a photo of an AKT (Amazon Kindle Touch).
Far as Im concerned KT is a kindle touch.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #108
guspasho
Connoisseur
guspasho began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Help! I tried upgrading to 5.1 and instead I got 5.0.4, and now the "Update your Kindle" option is greyed out. I've restarted a few times, I let it sit with Wi-Fi on, to no avail. I don't know how to force it to check again. What am I supposed to do?

It's never been jailbroken or anything like that.
guspasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:38 PM   #109
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by guspasho View Post
Help! I tried upgrading to 5.1 and instead I got 5.0.4, and now the "Update your Kindle" option is greyed out. I've restarted a few times, I let it sit with Wi-Fi on, to no avail. I don't know how to force it to check again. What am I supposed to do?

It's never been jailbroken or anything like that.
Amazon pushes updates out over a period of days or weeks. If you get tired of waiting, download it from the kindle touch update page with your computer and copy it over the USB cable. There are instructions on the update page on exactly how to do this. I usually do this as soon as I learn there is an update, but as long as wifi is on it will eventually find its way to you.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:09 AM   #110
guspasho
Connoisseur
guspasho began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Amazon pushes updates out over a period of days or weeks. If you get tired of waiting, download it from the kindle touch update page with your computer and copy it over the USB cable. There are instructions on the update page on exactly how to do this. I usually do this as soon as I learn there is an update, but as long as wifi is on it will eventually find its way to you.
Awesome, thank you! The index is much better looking with the new update. I can't believe they ever shipped with the old index design, it was so horrible.

Now, is there still a way to jailbreak it with 5.1? I'd still like the option if the jail broken features ever get desirable enough.
guspasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2012, 02:26 AM   #111
daletsteele
Enthusiast
daletsteele began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7", iPhone 10, iMac, Kindle Paperwhite
This was a good lead but I've tried it now with the same results. Thanks.
daletsteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #112
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by guspasho View Post
Now, is there still a way to jailbreak it with 5.1? I'd still like the option if the jail broken features ever get desirable enough.
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...king#Jailbreak
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #113
route66
Connoisseur
route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Thanks, finally managed to jailbreak! Thanks to this
route66 is offline   Reply With Quote