Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-11-2010, 03:33 AM   #16
Nathan Campos
Groupie
Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX & Kindle (2011)
Just one image for you:
Nathan Campos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:33 AM   #17
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
................ is that adventurous mentality of wanting to figure it out on my own...................
' Adventurous" indeed.

That's also how I like to think of myself when I ask a question on the forum and someone remarks ' in the manual' .

Where.....what....which......did I get one......not in my language.......must have mislaid it..............threw it away in the digital black hole..........
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:25 AM   #18
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I read the manuel, I just don't memorize it. After a while, I forget the smaller details or the details that didn't matter to me when I read the manuel. For example, I have read the DXG manuel, there are sections that I did not retain, such as PDF usage, emailing stuff, and the like because I don't do that so I didn't pay attention to that info.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:08 AM   #19
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Please don't write the word 'manuel' again.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:12 AM   #20
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I wish I could turn off the bottom bar and gain another line of text!
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:02 AM   #21
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various PalmOS PDAs, Android Phones, Sharper Image Literati
Manual? You mean the distractions, errr, instructions?
bizzybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #22
lemurfist
lemurfist has never been to obedience school.lemurfist has never been to obedience school.lemurfist has never been to obedience school.lemurfist has never been to obedience school.lemurfist has never been to obedience school.lemurfist has never been to obedience school.lemurfist has never been to obedience school.lemurfist has never been to obedience school.lemurfist has never been to obedience school.lemurfist has never been to obedience school.lemurfist has never been to obedience school.

Device: nook
The unwillingness of others to read documentation has benefitted me off and on over the years. I've "earned" cash for reading troubleshooting sections aloud. Some folks gave me beer or baked goods because I basically read a section of the manual aloud for them. Heck, I am pretty sure my first e-reader was given to me in part so my friend had someone who understood how to run the device.
lemurfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #23
AlexGrama
Writer
AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pboss View Post
Please don't write the word 'manuel' again.
That literally made me roll over the floor.
AlexGrama is offline   Reply With Quote