Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-28-2010, 05:45 AM   #1
vadimzn
vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
How much shall I pay you for converting HTML to ePUB?

I have tried Calibre and Sigil experiencing a lot of mess when trying to repair ePUB. One should have a special knowledge and a lot of experience to be able to create an ePUB file that will pass epubchecker. Who can create ePUB from HTML that will pass epubchecker smoothly? How much shall I pay you?

Vadim
vadimzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:47 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I will do it for $1000
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2010, 06:49 AM   #3
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Try Atlantis word processor. It easily saves Word, RTF, and HTML to EPUB.

If you only have one file to do, you can use the free trial version, but it's only $30 to buy.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:06 AM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
what is the problem epubchecker gives? Usually when you create something in Sigil it is fine...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:48 PM   #5
vadimzn
vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
what is the problem epubchecker gives? Usually when you create something in Sigil it is fine...
It gave two or three types of mistakes. I was able to repair them manually by find-replace but then I just aligned names of chapters to the center and after checking it gave me a three more for every chapter.
vadimzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2010, 03:57 PM   #6
Fabe
Dylanologist
Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Device: none/all/any
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadimzn View Post
Who can create ePUB from HTML that will pass epubchecker smoothly? How much shall I pay you?
Send me the file and if I can figure it out in ten minutes I will charge you $0, otherwise you have to pay Jellby $1,000. - Fabe
Fabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:21 AM   #7
wdonne
ISV
wdonne began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
You can open your HTML-file in OpenOffice.org, save it as an ODT-document and then convert it to ePub with ODFToEPub (http://www.pincette.biz/odftoepub/).

Werner Donné
Pincette bvba
wdonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:52 AM   #8
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
[QUOTE=vadimzn;1186449 Who can create ePUB from HTML that will pass epubchecker smoothly? How much shall I pay you?

Vadim[/QUOTE]

Forgive me if this sounds too obvious, but have you checked that the HTML is valid XHTML 1.1? The old saying 'Garbage in, Garbage out' applies to ePubs as well as to everything else.

If you know that the XHTML is valid then the problems must be in the content.opf or toc.ncx files.

How big is your file?

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:46 AM   #9
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabe View Post
Send me the file and if I can figure it out in ten minutes I will charge you $0, otherwise you have to pay Jellby $1,000. - Fabe
What a deal Fabe. Want a few more mate?
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote