Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-21-2009, 08:09 PM   #1
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
question about move to epub format

So last night I got my new 505 all set up....luckily it had been deauthorized and it was relatively easy to authorize it to my computer and download all my books from sony and ADE.

HOWEVER----

I downloaded the new Sony ebook library software (which seems very fancy) and saw where I could download all of my books in epub format. This is where I'm having issues. Again, very easy to download the books in epub format, but two of them said "available soon" and I could not download the Epub format, and it wouldn't let me download the BBeb format onto my reader. Realistically it's not a big deal because it's not like I'll read those books anytime soon, but I feel that since I have ALREADY PAID for them I should have access to them. So this is bothing me. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to get around it? I was thinking of calling sony and seeing what they say, however I realize that might be a plain waste of time

Any feedback would be appreciated! SOOOO happy to have my new reader. I thought there might be a problem when I opened the box and saw a line on the screen (this is a refurbished unit) but luckily it seems it was just a smudge caused by the packaging...WHEW!

Oh, and I have now joined Team SILVER! Sorry, Team Blue I really do feel like a traitor...you can thank my fellow bidders on ebay for the fact that I did not get another blue one.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:52 AM   #2
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Apparently they had a problem with converting some of the books to epub. When the conversion is complete, you'll be able to download the books in epub; basically, you just have to wait.
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert