Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-11-2008, 07:44 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
I posted a mini-review of the book, as well as a link to the PML source file, at

http://www.teleread.org/blog/2008/10...-book-content/
I just tried to convert your PDB using Book Designer. it did not work. is there any chance you could post a copy in say HTML or RTF that has all the markup integrated?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:30 PM   #17
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm afraid there's nothing else I can do. It's not a question of saving "as" something else; I created the source file from scratch and then fed it through dropbook. If you can do something with either source or compiled version, be my guest, but I can't help you beyond that.

I imagine you could take the source and search and replace the PML into HTML, but you'd have to do that yourself.

Last edited by Robotech_Master; 10-16-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2008, 08:12 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can you save it from Dropbook in a way that Book Designer can read it?

Can you add DRM to it so eReader2HTML.py will work?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:52 PM   #19
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Two versions of the book in .html are now available here; one version from the ereader .pdb copy and another from Robotech_Master's .pml copy.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:20 PM   #20
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I notice that the indentations on the hierarchical outlines in the "meta" section are absent, at least in the latter. That kind of seriously breaks the point of that section.
Advert
Old 10-17-2008, 10:28 PM   #21
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
I notice that the indentations on the hierarchical outlines in the "meta" section are absent, at least in the latter. That kind of seriously breaks the point of that section.
Sorry, but this was an automated conversion from .pml to .html (which may not have understood the indentation structure you had specified).

Do you have a side-by-side comparison image showing the faulty indentation? were tabs used?

Otherwise, any hand tweaking is left as an excerise to the reader...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:13 PM   #22
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Corrected PRC version

Here's a corrected mobi (prc) version. I modified the html by correcting the name of the Heinlein story ("The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" instead of "The Man Who Sold the Moon" ) and added the missing info from the first paragraph under Facebook's Faceplant. This contains both the original TOC and one generated at the end (the generated TOC is easier to get to with mobi reader or the kindle).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:44 PM   #23
Robotech_Master
Fanatic

There were a number of little grammatical corrections sprinkled through the book that I did. I didn't really keep track of them, just caught them as I saw them.