Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-12-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Password

This is going to be embarrassing I'd guess but I can't seem to find where to set the password when the unit first comes on. Surely you can. Found one for credential storage but that is all.

Can you set a start up password and if so HOWWWWW?
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:33 PM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
You have to download an external App. Two of the most recommended are ES Security Manager and My Settings Pro.

http://slideme.org/application/es-security-manager

http://mobileplanet-waryam.blogspot....d-apk-app.html

My Settings Pro allows you to set a lock pattern that you must do before you can access the device. You can't use all the settings on the Edge because the program was designed for cellphones but, a lot of the options will work.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #3
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks.

Silly me, with the tab and gidgit tallking of lock and unlock I figured you could :-)

Edit: According to the following link there is supposed to be a password option in settings but we don't have it for some reason.

Last edited by exscentric; 07-12-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:29 AM   #4
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
You can also use Launcher Pro to do it. Check out the tweaks thread for more information.
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #5
exscentric
Addict

thanks will give it a snoop, My Settings Pro got me going.
Advert
Old 07-14-2011, 04:27 PM   #6
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Just a tip if you're going to create a swipe pattern: when you do, you might want to take a picture of the finished swipe (or video if you're so inclined) and store it somewhere else.

It's one thing while your edge is new and you're using it every day, but many times we slowly use our gadgets less and less often, and my fear was not remembering if my edge ended up sitting for weeks or months.

Most of us have certain number combinations we're likely to have used for PINS, and can hack our way into forgotten PINS. But I know I don't have much of a "swipe repertoire" to call on if I ever forgot!
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:28 PM   #7
exscentric
Addict

I use a pin but you have a great point. When using something all the time I get brain cramps and forget pins - keep them written down as well :-)