Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-19-2011, 02:40 AM   #1
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
3Feet Stand for Kindle

I bought this stand after smashing my finger on my BookGem which I really do not like at all.

Please excuse my crappy pics. My phone camera is crud.

I ordered it on Friday and it arrived today. My first impression was how small it is. It folds up nicely so I could put it in my purse or pocket to take with me. I have to say I was able to figure out how to use it in less time it took me to figure out the BookGem. lol

It has two lock in positions which are perfect for reading and it has a second little tab stand you pull out that is adjustable.

I like the first position for sitting at a table and the little tab for reading on my lap with a pillow. It works great with my Android phone as well.

It comes in many other colors as well!

I got mine at Amazon but have also seen them on Ebay and a few other places.
3feet Stand for iPad / iPhone / Kindle / Nook

It's a great stand and I highly recommended it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3feet.jpg
Views:	1269
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	71559   Click image for larger version

Name:	3feet2.jpg
Views:	1418
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	71561  
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
That's really cool, thanks for posting this I've been thinking of getting a stand for a while and you've just made my decision much easier!
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool 2 questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I bought this stand after smashing my finger on my BookGem which I really do not like at all.

Please excuse my crappy pics. My phone camera is crud.

I ordered it on Friday and it arrived today. My first impression was how small it is. It folds up nicely so I could put it in my purse or pocket to take with me. I have to say I was able to figure out how to use it in less time it took me to figure out the BookGem. lol

It has two lock in positions which are perfect for reading and it has a second little tab stand you pull out that is adjustable.

I like the first position for sitting at a table and the little tab for reading on my lap with a pillow. It works great with my Android phone as well.

It comes in many other colors as well!

I got mine at Amazon but have also seen them on Ebay and a few other places.
3feet Stand for iPad / iPhone / Kindle / Nook

It's a great stand and I highly recommended it!
the pictures are fine even though the focus is a little soft (arty?). anyway 2 questions.

1. it appears that the k3 (or k2) could be charged while sitting in the device (i have a 90 degree micro-usb cord [uses less space by getting the cord out of the way])?

2. can you also reach underneath and slide the power switch (to wake it up) without having to lift it out of the device?
alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:44 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
That's really cool, thanks for posting this I've been thinking of getting a stand for a while and you've just made my decision much easier!
You're welcome! I was really bummed when I got BookGem after all it rave reviews I did not like it at all. So I took a chance on this stand and I'm so glad I did. I really like to read a long time and so I need a stand and this works perfect for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
the pictures are fine even though the focus is a little soft (arty?). anyway 2 questions.

1. it appears that the k3 (or k2) could be charged while sitting in the device (i have a 90 degree micro-usb cord [uses less space by getting the cord out of the way])?

2. can you also reach underneath and slide the power switch (to wake it up) without having to lift it out of the device?
With some maneuvering I can get the K3 default charge connector on by sliding in through the bottom slot and connecting it to the K3 then sitting the K3 on the stand but you need to let the stand hang off the edge of the table while the cable is connected and the K3 doesn't sit down all the way so it's not a sturdy fit with the charger connected so keep an eye on it if you have cats.

You can't reach the slider while it's center in the stand but it's so easy to pick it up and turn it on then sit it back down, it's not really an issue. However if you want to sit it all the way to left it's still a okay fit then you can reach the slider but it really made to sit center so it doesn't move when you click the page buttons.

As for my phone's camera you would think for a 3.2 megapixel it would take better pics.
It has no focus setting on it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:15 PM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I bought this one recently, and I really like it. It is perfect for both my Sony and my Kindle. It's very light-weight and folds down to 7" x 1.25" x 1". You can adjust the width of the legs, and the angle of the back. Right now it is $13.06 on Amazon.

pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2011, 06:25 PM   #6
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
I've got the same one Pigeon does - I like it and I like that it folds down pretty compactly. I have been using it with my BB Playbook as well as the K3. Unfortunately, with shipping and tax (WA state resident) it was not entirely cheap but cheaper than, was it, a Glisson sold and returned to Walmart??? And, again, more compact.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:46 PM   #7
TotallyEpic
Enthusiast
TotallyEpic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G + Wifi
The best stand I've used is a cheap plate display stand. Cost me about €1.
TotallyEpic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:31 AM   #8
newbeg7
newbeg7 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I bought this one recently, and I really like it. It is perfect for both my Sony and my Kindle. It's very light-weight and folds down to 7" x 1.25" x 1". You can adjust the width of the legs, and the angle of the back. Right now it is $13.06 on Amazon.

Wow great deal! Would you please provide the link to it? I found another nice looking stand on Amazon although it costs around $50 as opposed to $14. Here's an image:
newbeg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:12 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm not sure that I see the point of a stand like this. Isn't having to reach out every few seconds to press the page turn button rather annoying? I'd much rather be holding the reader, with the page turn button under my thumb.

What is the benefit of such a stand?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:39 AM   #10
holterzoff
Connoisseur
holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle3w, Ipad, iphone4
That's exactly what i was thinking.....
holterzoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:42 AM   #11
cmargm
Enthusiast
cmargm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
A stand would be perfect when you are eating or holding something, like a baby in your arms. In other words when you are doing something with both hands.
cmargm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:44 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmargm View Post
A stand would be perfect when you are eating or holding something, like a baby in your arms. In other words when you are doing something with both hands.
But how would you turn the page?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:55 PM   #13
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
I was expecting to see a stand that was three feet tall. My mind works "differently" sometimes.
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:03 PM   #14
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool link

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbeg7 View Post
Wow great deal! Would you please provide the link to it? I found another nice looking stand on Amazon although it costs around $50 as opposed to $14. Here's an image:
click the picture.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #15
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool hands (mostly) free reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm not sure that I see the point of a stand like this. Isn't having to reach out every few seconds to press the page turn button rather annoying? I'd much rather be holding the reader, with the page turn button under my thumb.

What is the benefit of such a stand?
Quote:
Originally Posted by holterzoff View Post
That's exactly what i was thinking.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmargm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
But how would you turn the page?
hands (mostly) free reading, but if you don't see it, you don't see it i guess.