Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-19-2011, 05:03 AM   #1
merry
merry began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Back to 7.45

Hello,
I upgraded Calibre to version 7.46 and when I try to open epubs, it says 'not enough arguments for format string'.
I went back to 7.45 and it works just fine with the same files.
Is it just me?

Thanks
merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:05 AM   #2
grizedale
kindle Convert
grizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toys

Device: kindle Oasis
Works ok here
grizedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2011, 06:00 AM   #3
Mediacalle
Mediacalle began at the beginning.

Device: bq avant
Quote:
Originally Posted by merry View Post
Hello,
I upgraded Calibre to version 7.46 and when I try to open epubs, it says 'not enough arguments for format string'.
Is it just me?

Thanks

Hello. I have the same problem.
Could you tell me how to go back to 7.45?
Many thanks!
Mediacalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:44 AM   #4
gandalf1369
gandalf1369 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by merry View Post
Hello,
Is it just me?

Thanks
Tried several epubs after reading your post. I'm on 0.7.46 and all the epubs I tried opened just fine.
gandalf1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:00 AM   #5
frandav
frandav began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy SII
Same problem here. When I try to convert or view an e-book, I get the same message
frandav is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2011, 07:09 AM   #6
merry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediacalle View Post
Hello. I have the same problem.
Could you tell me how to go back to 7.45?
Many thanks!
I just uninstalled the latest version and downloaded the previous offered HERE

But apparently this is not a general problem, so we better stick to 7.45 and wait for 7.47 ;-)
Old 02-19-2011, 07:49 AM   #7
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Works on XP SP3.
Could all of you post your OSes together with if this works for you on 0.7.46? That would probably be helpful for the devs to fix the error.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:57 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The full text of the exception messages would also be helpful. Leaving them out is equivalent to saying "Calibre doesn't work. Guess why".
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:10 AM   #9
merry

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
The full text of the exception messages would also be helpful. Leaving them out is equivalent to saying "Calibre doesn't work. Guess why".
Sorry, I already downgraded so I don't get the message anymore. Maybe somebody else might help with that?
Old 02-19-2011, 08:18 AM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
No one here that said "Me too" even bothered giving what OS they're using, so I'll start. I am running Windows XP sp3 and using calibre 0.7.46 and all of my ePubs work fine as well as everything else I have recently tried to do.

Edit: A delayed post like this is what happens when life gets in the way of clicking the Post Quick Reply button.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-19-2011 at 09:29 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:30 AM   #11
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
+1 for the NO camp in the great "should we have auto-update" debate :-)

as usual my always-on calibre install has not even gotten around to mentioning that there is a 4.46 as yet!. it usually takes a day or so for it to notice. l

Last edited by cybmole; 02-19-2011 at 08:32 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:06 AM   #12
Mediacalle
Mediacalle began at the beginning.

Device: bq avant
Thank you MERRY!
You don't loose the ebooks when uninstall the 7.46?
Thanks again!
Mediacalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:00 AM   #13
KrowNB
Enthusiast
KrowNB began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Sony PRS-650
I tried the install of 0.7.46 on my system - Vista 32. The setup hung at about 80-90% complete, staying there for about an hour before I felt I had to intervene. The setup box wouldn't close with the cancel button. Had to use Task Manager to get it to shut down. Then opened calibre, thinking the installation would have been corrupted. Strangely, it seems to be working OK. Views the 4 or 5 epubs I tried without problem. Haven't done much else with it.

K
KrowNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:10 AM   #14
Archon
Zealot
Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Mac OSX, iPad, iPod, & Nook
Wow!

Ok if you have a Mac the only thing you have to do is save all the previous versions you download as dmg's. I keep them in a folder that I burn later to DVD as archives of all my old software.

If a newer version gives you problems then just delete the application and re-install one of the older versions.

The application is self contained. Deleting it does nothing to change the preferences or your book library.

Happy Saturday
Archon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:31 AM   #15
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is a problem in the spanish translation of calibre in 0.7.46. Simply switch your interface language to english or wait until 0.7.47
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote