Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-22-2014, 10:18 AM   #1
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
Can't access trivia contest

I'm getting "502 Bad Gateway" when I click the contest link on the Kobo homepage.

Has anyone managed to access the contest today? And is there anyway to contact CS without having to provide lots of irrelevant details about my e-reader?
Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:20 AM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Just tried and I'm getting the same thing here in Canada, so it seems to be a Kobo issue rather than an internet issue. Sorry, no words of wisdom on customer service.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2014, 11:31 AM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty Username View Post
I'm getting "502 Bad Gateway" when I click the contest link on the Kobo homepage.

Has anyone managed to access the contest today? And is there anyway to contact CS without having to provide lots of irrelevant details about my e-reader?
Hmmmm... tried several times. I got 502 clicking on the Play Now button on the home page, 502 after it went to the contest page and I clicked Play Now there, 502 after clicking on the Log In button. And a couple of more 502s after completing the registration form since Kobo seems to have forgotten my registration information. Not to forget the two times where the security code on the registration page showed as a blank and generate another code did nothing.

I'd say Kobo is having an issue and not much to do but wait for them to fix it.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 02-22-2014 at 11:43 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:52 PM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I know they are working on infrastructure stuff right now. Maybe this is an unintended consequence or a really lousy step along the way.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:26 PM   #5
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
Thanks for the responses, at least I know it's not just me.
Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2014, 09:21 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty Username View Post
Thanks for the responses, at least I know it's not just me.
It may help ( to (mis)quote Terry Pratchett), if you think of Kobo as as disliking all southerners and, by inference, standing at the North Pole.

On a better note, I did manage to get through to the contest page just now.

On a lesser note, after I answered the trivia question, Nightly crashed when the "you've won a 30% off coupon" popped up. OTOH, the last two updates to Nightly x64 have crashed it.

Regards,
David
Old 02-22-2014, 09:43 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
INightly x64
What pray tell is that?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:47 AM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
What pray tell is that?
Firefox Nightly builds. They fill that empty spot left when running beta software just seemed so passé. I grabbed the x64 flavour from ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.or.../latest-trunk/. Nightly is a bit of a misnomer -- I've gotten multiple updates in a single day on several occasions. It's an way to keep up with the direction that Firefox is moving in and allows me to test various corporate web applications for potential future issues.

See http://nightly.mozilla.org/ for a bit more information.

Regards,
David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nightly About.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	119418  

Last edited by DNSB; 02-23-2014 at 01:50 AM.