Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-01-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
greggdecker
greggdecker began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Bricked? 16gb Dual Processor Nook

I was trying to root my Nook dual core tablet and in recovery mode I deleted everything that I could. I guess that was my mistake.
Now I can only boot to recovery mode with an SD card installed. Every zip I try to install from there either gives me a Status 7
or "bad" error. g_apps installed ok from the .zip file. Nothings boots without this one card that I created with win image, the name of the file is
SD_NT.img or named close to that.

I have tried I think every zip and .img file available and always get a Status 7 and sometimes the "bad". I have tried four different sd cards and
4 different adapters. I heard that a bricked Nook was impossible but this may be the exception. Any help with this would be appreciated.

When I boot with out the card I mentioned nothing happens, just a blank screen.

Gregg
greggdecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Have you tried a factory reset (holding the power button and N at the same time)?

Instead of rooting next time, I would suggest making a bootable SD card. I just did it and it works great (so far). Check this link from the TabletROMs website.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote