Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #1
jgsmith
Connoisseur
jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Kobo Touch, Kindle PW2
Author sort question

I sent all of my books to my PW2, then realized I didn't check "use author sort for author". Now that I've checked it, how can I update the books I sent to the PW2? Can I just send again and it will update them or do I have to delete them all, one by one, then resend?
jgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:53 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsmith View Post
I sent all of my books to my PW2, then realized I didn't check "use author sort for author". Now that I've checked it, how can I update the books I sent to the PW2? Can I just send again and it will update them or do I have to delete them all, one by one, then resend?
Switch to Device view (if connected by USB), select as many books as you want. Use the Delete icon/or DEL key (and wait a few )

Now send the the Correct way
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #3
jgsmith
Connoisseur
jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ahhh, I knew there had to be a better way! Thank you.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #4
jgsmith
Connoisseur

still no worky

For some reason, my books are still not sorting properly on the Kindle PW2. Here is what I did:

1. checked the box in Calibre to use author sort for author
2. restarted Calibre
3. connected the PW2 to my laptop, selected all books on the device with Calibre, and removed them
4. disconnected the Kindle and verified that they were all removed
5. reconnected the Kindle and transferred the books back to the Kindle
6. disconnected the Kindle and...no worky

Previously, before checking the author sort box in Calibre, when I selected sort by author on the Kindle, they were sorted by first name. Now, they are not sorted by first name, but not exactly by last name either. I checked in Calibre, and when i sort by author, it is correct. I also look at the files on the Kindle via my laptop, and the directories are all correct, sorted by author last name. I am using a plugboard, but only to add the series name and number to the title. What am I missing here?

Jim
Old 12-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #5
jgsmith
Connoisseur

Looking closer, its still sorted by first name, so not using the author sort field. Is there something else I need to do to make this take effect? Or is it affected by the plugboard to modify the title?
Advert
Old 12-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #6
jgsmith
Connoisseur

Now I just feel like I'm talking to myself...

Problem solved. I added a plugboard to use the author_sort in place of the authors field, re-loaded the books, and its all good. I'm thinking this is a bug, right? Doesn't seem to be using the author_sort checkbox...