Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
townsend
Enthusiast
townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Sigil
Print Preview Problem

I went to print out a chapter. When I opened up the Print Preview window, I found that the right edge, of page 1, was being cut off. I printed it out anyway, and sure enough the Print Preview window was accurate.

Upon further investigation, I found that problem only exists with page 1. Page 2, and there after, are always correct. All chapters have this page 1 problem with Print Preview. The zoom level has no effect. I'm using version 7.2 on windows 7.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a solution, or should I report this as a bug? Here's a sample chapter from Three Men in a Boat.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Three Men in a Boat.JPG
Views:	360
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	105726  
townsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
What are the letters in chapter 1 and 2? (I barely see a 'W' )
Are they used anywhere else?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #3
townsend
Enthusiast
townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Sigil
Good point. Aside from the text on the right side of the page 1 being cut off, it seems, graphics are not rendered correctly.

I found another post, which basically said, this problem with printing is a non-issue, as it does not affect the final ePub output. And thus, has a very low priority.

There's no bug report listed, so I'll put one in, but chances are it will not it will not be fixed anytime soon.
townsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by townsend View Post
Good point. Aside from the text on the right side of the page 1 being cut off, it seems, graphics are not rendered correctly.

I found another post, which basically said, this problem with printing is a non-issue, as it does not affect the final ePub output. And thus, has a very low priority.

There's no bug report listed, so I'll put one in, but chances are it will not it will not be fixed anytime soon.
'Non-Issuses' are usually isues with the building blocks, which Calibre USES and has no other control (it has probably been reported to THAT support group).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote