Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-19-2011, 08:37 AM   #1
taoofpu2
Enthusiast
taoofpu2 is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad mini 4, iPad 3
Do Android widgets work?

The Fire is my first exposure to android so after I set up Go Launcher EX I started looking around for widgets but saw on the forum something that suggested widgets won't work. Is that the case? Tx
taoofpu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:48 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by taoofpu2 View Post
The Fire is my first exposure to android so after I set up Go Launcher EX I started looking around for widgets but saw on the forum something that suggested widgets won't work. Is that the case? Tx
I don't know with an alternative launcher but with the default one they won't work at all. If they work with another launcher you just long press on screen to bring the widget menu up and choose the widget you want usually.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
taoofpu2
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I don't know with an alternative launcher but with the default one they won't work at all. If they work with another launcher you just long press on screen to bring the widget menu up and choose the widget you want usually.
Thanks Blossom. I am getting items to pop up in notifications from the widgets I tried to install but I'm a long way from saying they work. When I get home from work I'll do some more testing.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:45 AM   #4
taoofpu2
Enthusiast

Widgets can be used on the Fire. I do have "Fancy Widgets" and "Batterytime Lite" working Go Launcher EX so you may need to use it or another launcher if you want widgets.