Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-01-2010, 11:25 PM   #1
Gillian
Gillian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
sync to other devices

Can anyone advise why my Kindle for PC doesn't show on my Kindle? When I go 'add other device collections' there are none there.

Both accounts are registered on my Amazon Kindle site. Is there another step in linking devices?

Any ideas? Many thanks.
Gillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:31 PM   #2
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Kindle for PC doesn't have collections yet, so there are no collections to sync. Last page read, etc. should be syncing. You don't have to do anything to link them as long as they are both registered to the same account.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2010, 12:44 AM   #3
Gillian
Gillian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitearrow View Post
Kindle for PC doesn't have collections yet, so there are no collections to sync. Last page read, etc. should be syncing. You don't have to do anything to link them as long as they are both registered to the same account.
Ahhh, thank you for clarifying about collections. However, last page read isn't syncing... though it has in the past. I'm puzzled.
Gillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:54 AM   #4
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian View Post
Ahhh, thank you for clarifying about collections. However, last page read isn't syncing... though it has in the past. I'm puzzled.
When your done reading, make sure you click out of the book back to the main screen on your Kindle or Kindle for PC. Then sync which is menu / sync on Kindle. It should work. If it doesn't what firmware are using Kindle and is Kindle for PC on latest version?
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote