Old 01-25-2013, 05:16 PM   #286
porga
Connoisseur
porga began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 912 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
For the second question look here
I looked at link you suggested but folder structure on 912 is different than in instructions.
there is no /mnt/ext1/system/bin
there is no /mnt/ext1/applications
and no /mnt/ext1/system/config/extensions.cfg where can add new formats.

I did not find clear instruction how to install it on my PB912 and I would'nt want to mess something up.

Do you know exact instructions for 912 regarding keyboard and reader? Thanks.

i was following these instructions for comic reader: http://www3.telus.net/rkomar/pbimageviewer/
porga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #287
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
File structure is the same for all PBs. If you use a WIN PC just omit the /mnt/ext1/ part and go to [DRIVE NAME]: Pocketbook912. There are all the folders. Etensions.cfg has to be created (or copied from any source here in this forum, just search).
For further questions on *.cbz I suggest to ask them in the respective thread and not here.

For keyboard questions there is an own thread to be searched, I only know what worked for me and this I told you.
Regards...
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:12 AM   #288
porga
Connoisseur

Wanted: it would be nice to have an option to write notes on bookmark level, sort of "post it"
Also, when list of bookmarks is shown, date time when bookmark is added, and custom bookmark name would be useful.

EDIT:
So I found out that bookmark can be renamed afterwards, but it would be nise PB to offer Bookmark naming in the moment of adding to the page.

Last edited by porga; 02-02-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:15 AM   #289
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by porga View Post
Wanted: it would be nice to have an option to write notes on bookmark level, sort of "post it"
Also, when list of bookmarks is shown, date time when bookmark is added, and custom bookmark name would be useful.
porga, you can actually do at least some of what you suggest with a workaroun - dinstead of bookmarking, add a note by selecting a piece of text (even just a letter) and edit it (you can edit its name too). You won't see the date, though.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #290
mixtli
mixtli began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 912
My humble suggestion here follow

All models:

- possibility to open a "terminal"
- possibility to configure background and foreground color, that means black over white (default), but also white over black. In some case, the last mode could be better.

About Pocketbook pro 912:
- zooming via stylus in a flexible way, as Onyx Book M92 (see this video to have a concrete idea), with the possibility to come back quickly to the previous view.
mixtli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #291
porga
Connoisseur

And one thing is a must (as far as I can see):

Enable possibility for SMB network share, so files can be transferred to PB using WLAN.
This is much better option than constantly plugging USB or removing SD card (to prevent warning out connectors).
Old 02-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #292
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
If you use calibre you can enable your PC as a local server to access Calibre via WiFi. Just look under -> Settings -> Network Server how to proceed
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:52 AM   #293
porga
Connoisseur

With SMB access, I meant same share level as over USB mount.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #294
mixtli

What about being able to have a snapshot of the whole screen, independently in you are reading or not, and save it as a picture/image?
Basically, such a feature is available in any physical keyboard by "stamp"/"print" button and, in my opinion, it is really useful.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #295
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixtli View Post
What about being able to have a snapshot of the whole screen, independently in you are reading or not, and save it as a picture/image?
Basically, such a feature is available in any physical keyboard by "stamp"/"print" button and, in my opinion, it is really useful.
mixtli, this feature is indeed there - it depends which buttons you have it associated with. Generally, if you light press the power button when the device is already on, a quick menu should appear with various icons, including that of a camera - click on it, and you will take a screenshot.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:37 AM   #296
mixtli

Thanks, Paola! I did not notice it.

Where snapshots are stored? I do not succeed by search for them.
Is there any technical manual about other "hidden" features?
Old 02-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #297
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks, Paola! I did not notice it.

Where snapshots are stored? I do not succeed by search for them.
Is there any technical manual about other "hidden" features?
which device do you have? They are in bitmap format, and are numbered consecutively as scr001.bmp, scr002.bmp, and so on. I have them in a directory "My Pictures" on the 903, and no, they shouldn't be hidden.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:45 AM   #298
mixtli

Paola, I have a Pocketbook pro 912.

I thought that the possibility to take snapshots was not declared in the manual (that's why I spoke about "hidden" features), but I was wrong.

Finally, snapshots are stored in "screens" folder on the device, but are not visible via Library view. I needed to open a Photo view and browse to that folder to get them displayed.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #299
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Paola, I have a Pocketbook pro 912.

I thought that the possibility to take snapshots was not declared in the manual (that's why I spoke about "hidden" features), but I was wrong.

Finally, snapshots are stored in "screens" folder on the device, but are not visible via Library view. I needed to open a Photo view and browse to that folder to get them displayed.
glad it worked!
Old 09-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #300
punkadiddle
punkadiddle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathieuP View Post
I would appreciate an option to password-protect documents. I use mu PB for business purposes and it would be useful to protect sensitive documents in case I loose the device.
VOTE

That's would also be a feature all/many other readers lack. Some have at least have a feature to require a PIN to access the device. Pocketbook has none at all so far.
punkadiddle is offline   Reply With Quote