Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-29-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Steven Saylor

Over the weekend I received a scattergun e-mail from Steven Saylor regarding his latest book:

Should be out in Kindle and other e formats very quickly. Thanks for asking.

Steven Saylor
steven@stevensaylor.com
http://www.stevensaylor.com/
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1220853938

“With respect to art, a probable impossibility is to be preferred to a thing improbable and yet possible.”
Aristotle, Poetics

“Impossible is a word humans use far too often.”
Seven of Nine, Star Trek Voyager

On Aug 27, 2010, at 1:41 PM, Treven Dunning wrote:

Congratulations!! Looking forward to getting this. Is it going to be released (future tense) as an ebook as well?

Sent: Friday, August 27, 2010 12:46 PM
Subject: EMPIRE arrives August 31!

Dear Friends of Gordianus,

EMPIRE is almost here! Publication date in the US is August 31, next Tuesday.

[cid:60E19E45-E53B-4D28-AA20-5E58F271F886]

EMPIRE is a follow-up to ROMA, my family saga about the first 1000 years of Rome. This time I follow the fortunes of the Pinarius family from the first emperor, Augustus, to the height of empire under Hadrian...with all the infamous, crazy emperors along the way (Nero, Caligula, Domitian), the eruption of Vesuvius, the stupendous opening games of the Colosseum, and much more. You can read more details at my Web site: http://www.stevensaylor.com/

(I've also posted public appearances at my site, but I'm afraid my touring will be very limited—mostly Austin and the San Francisco Bay Area.)

If lots of readers buy EMPIRE the first week it's out (either at your favorite bookshop or at Amazon), maybe we can nudge this book a bit higher on the New York Times list!

Here's an Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...ensaylorwebsA/

Many thanks for your continuing interest in my stories about Ancient Rome.

Onward!

Steven
steven@stevensaylor.com<mailto:steve...ensaylor .com>
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1220853938

“With respect to art, a probable impossibility is to be preferred to a thing improbable and yet possible.”
Aristotle, Poetics

“Impossible is a word humans use far too often.”
Seven of Nine, Star Trek Voyager

Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:55 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's very good news; I really enjoyed "Roma".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
I did too Harry. Actually I've enjoyed all of Saylor's books, especially A Twist at the End, a novel of O. Henry, which takes place in 1885, Austin TX; a far cry from ancient Rome.

Last edited by Treven; 08-29-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote