Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-24-2009, 09:13 PM   #1
pinboke
pinboke began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
I am going to have a prs-700. Any advice on CJK?

Hi,
I am waiting for the arrival of my new prs-700. One issue I might have is that it might not be able to read Asian characters (s.a. Japanese, Korean) correctly. Is there anything I can do? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
pinboke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello pinboke, and Click image for larger version

Name:	welcome daisies.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	31139 to Mobileread.

I have a 505 and love it. I'm sure you'll love yours as much when it arrives.

I don't have an answer to your question myself, but I have no doubt that someone more knowledagble will be along shortly to give you the answers you're looking for.

Again . . . welcome and enjoy.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2009, 12:05 AM   #3
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Hello Pinboke! Welcome to Mobile Read!
As Lady Blue said, your question will be answered in no time!

Enjoy the forum, don't be shy to ask any question you may have, and be sure to download some of the free e-books we have here!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:08 AM   #4
naujoel
AZ
naujoel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I ordered a 700 last week and it arrived Tuesday, unfortunately, I've been out of town since and can't wait until tomorrow when I get to open that thing and use on my next trip! Though I'm likely to stay up late messing with it!

I hope I don't run into the Japanese characters you are referring to pinboke, but good luck with that.
naujoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:23 AM   #5
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
And Click image for larger version

Name:	welcome green.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	31142 to you also, naujoel.

Congratulations on your new 700. I'm sure you'll love it once you have a chance to play with it. It will be fantastic for taking along on your next trip.

As desertgrandma would say, you should start your own thread to "introduce yourself." Otherwise you'll be kind of hidden here and might not receive the greetings you deserve.

Anyway, settle in and enjoy the ride.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2009, 11:19 AM   #6
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead!

I love my 700!! Check out the Sony forums and ask your questions there. We have a number of experts here that can help. Unfortunately, I have no experience with anything other than English.

Enjoy!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:24 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi pinboke and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:03 AM   #8
pinboke
pinboke began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
Wow! Thanks a lot for all the kind replies, which I have never expected. Once I find any clue about the Asian characters problem, I will share it with all of you. It is D-1 for the arrival of my new prs-700.
pinboke is offline   Reply With Quote