Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-10-2009, 08:54 AM   #16
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by davers View Post
You guys... I've actually downloaded Calibre..and it seems like it'll be good...but I seem to have gotten trapped into the "let's convert every single gutenburg book I can get my grubby littel hands on" syndrome, and I haven't had time to actually play around with Calibre much... Hopefully this obsessive compulsive phase of mine will go away soon!

Dave
i think everybody goes through that phase. some of us never get over it. you should check our ebooks library ("ebooks" link in the blue nav bar at the top of the page) to make sure you're not converting books which have already been converted (save your efforts for hitherto uncharted territory, so to speak).

also, once you get everything figured out, we'd be thrilled to have your books in our library as well.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:20 AM   #17
katja
katja began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Hey guys!
I just had a play with calibre last night and got completely hooked! It certainly makes the use of the 505 a lot easier and even I managed my way round it (I'm def. not a software whizz...)
katja is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2009, 01:29 PM   #18
SundarKoyal
SundarKoyal began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hmmm, I just bought a Sony 505, and have not had any problems at all with the software. When I use the software and buy books from Sony the whole process is very fast. Now this calibre software, Do i have to use it instead of the Sony software or can i use both? I would prefer to use the Sony and just Calibre for converting things if the need arose.
SundarKoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:21 PM   #19
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
You can use both and that's the way I used it. When I was buying at the Sony store, I would use Connect to buy the books and install it on my reader. I would use Calibre for everything else.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote