Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 03-30-2011, 10:11 PM   #46
Ken Stuart
The Knight Who Says Nook!
Ken Stuart began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color ; dead Clie NR70 ; living Rocket REB1100 ; QY70 (pictured)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
Well, I said this over at the Nook Board, but I guess I can sau it here as well:

I'm guessing there will be a large batch of refurb Nook Color in a couple of months when many of the people who bought it over the weekend return them to HSN. NOT because the NC is a bad device, but because they got sucked in and jumped in without knowing what they did, what to REALLY expect... C'mon, almost 20 thousand?!
That somehow implies that it does not do the things described in the HSN program - and actually it does - however cringe-worthy the production seemed.
Ken Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:53 PM   #47
mariel9898
Connoisseur
mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Color, Droid 2 Global
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Stuart View Post
That somehow implies that it does not do the things described in the HSN program - and actually it does - however cringe-worthy the production seemed.
An unrooted Nook Color straight from the box does not do a bunch of things that they claimed. You can't lend every book. You can't read every book for one hour at B&N. You can't borrow library books wirelessly. The NC does not have speakers (plural).

Those are things I heard them say and I only watched a bit of the first show at midnight and about 10 minutes worth around noon. They had this running all day.
mariel9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert