Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Problem with Tag Browser Custom Icon for Languages - SOLVED

chaley on 12/20/2012:

All icons in the tag browser can now be customized. Put an icon file in resources/images with the name "tbci_" concatenated with the lookup key for the tag category. Examples: "tbci_authors.png", "tbci_#genre.png", "tbci_@some_user_category.png".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have customized several icons and this procedure works fine.

However, "tbci_languages.png" does not seem to work. The icon did not change after I added "tbci_languages.png". Also, no image appeared if I deleted "languages.png" and had only "tbci_languages.png".

I had to delete the original "languages.png" image and add a new custom image with the name "languages.png".

This is a temporary fix that reverts to the original icon when I update the calibre version.

Marty

SOLVED: Put the desired icon in the calibre configuration directory.

On my PC:
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\calibre\Resources\I mages\languages.png

PS: Sorry for starting a new thread on this topic ... I can't find the old thread.

Last edited by MartyTX; 02-02-2013 at 04:35 PM. Reason: SOLVED the "Problem"
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:44 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyTX View Post
SOLVED: Put the desired icon in the calibre configuration directory.

On my PC:
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\calibre\Resources\I mages\languages.png
I'm glad you got it to work for you and thanks for sharing your discovery. However, this hasn't been a problem for a long time. The directions on where to put replacement icons have been in the manual

Quote:
You should not change the files in this resources folder, as your changes will get overwritten the next time you update calibre. Instead, go to Preferences->Advanced->Miscellaneous and click Open calibre configuration directory. In this configuration directory, create a sub-folder called resources and place the files you want to override in it. Place the files in the appropriate sub folders, for example place images in resources/images, etc. calibre will automatically use your custom file in preference to the built-in one the next time it is started.
since the feature was added.

Quote:
Release: 0.7.10 [23 Jul, 2010]

New Features
Some folks even created some icon sets for calibre.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-03-2013 at 03:47 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert