Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-08-2014, 04:40 AM   #1
McHunter
Connoisseur
McHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enough

Device: PB TL2 /PB TL3 (M) STOLEN/ PB SURFpad 3 (7.85") / thl T11
Exclamation New Firmware 5.2.387 for PocketBook Touch Lux 2 (PB626) aviable...

Hello,

There is a New Firmware for the PocketBook Touch Lux 2 (PB626) aviable...

The version is 5.2.387 and contains the new Interface

Get it from their website http://www.pocketbook-int.com or the Update function of the Device.

Mfg. McHunter@gmx.net

McHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 01:29 PM   #2
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
It only shows 'recently read' books that are stored on internal memory; mine are all (>1000 titles) on sd. I have to remember my last read title and search the book in the folder explorer each time I start up my pocketbook for reading. Hope there will be a solution for this.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 02:35 AM   #3
KoopaOne
Austrian Bookworm
KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4
Calibre doesn't recognize the 626 anymore, not even as Android.
Calibre deosn't reliable identifies Books already on the machine, if transferred again, they show up as on the pocketbook, after the checkmark is gone after the next calibre startup. Very dissapointing ...
KoopaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 02:51 AM   #4
Ruesch
Ruesch began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 626 (touch lux 2)
WTF... and if rumors are right also no alternative reader posible

Ruesch
Ruesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:54 AM   #5
KoopaOne
Austrian Bookworm
KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruesch View Post
WTF... and if rumors are right also no alternative reader posible Ruesch
>Not a rumor. Alternative Readers don't work.
KoopaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:52 AM   #6
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The horrible 'collections' have made their entry. So far there is still the option to search by folders (one of my main reasons for using Pocketbook). Collections just don't do the job when you have over 10 of them and you can't subcollect (like in a folder tree structure).
Non removable Shop and Internet shortcuts on home screen. I don't use my reader for online anything and I don't 'shop' directly from these extremely slow and frickle devices where internet is concerned.

But I do like the new look! Hope there will be an important upgrade soon (remembering and showing my read books from sd-card).
Old 11-10-2014, 11:57 AM   #7
j0r13n
Enthusiast
j0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
To me the interface is a sort of Kobo look-a-like which doesn't have to be a bad thing.

But it's targeted at novice users and specific PocketBook goodies are lost; for instance the 'open with' functionality, just 3 line spacing and margin options and last but not least the lost of alternative readers.

Also count in some little bugs (adbosch: history ebooks sd-card and showing all fonts of a font-family).

I went back to FW4.4 and Cool Reader...

BTW. Am I the only one who's using Sergey's version of Cool Reader as I find the interface superior to the other one...
j0r13n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #8
adbosch
Addict

I might go back to FW4.4 too. Is this process exactly the same as upgrading?
Old 11-10-2014, 12:42 PM   #9
j0r13n
Enthusiast
j0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
Yes, same procedure: place firmware file in root ereader, shutdown ereader, hold up - and down button and power on the ereader.
j0r13n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 03:13 PM   #10
ibat
Fool
ibat began at the beginning.

Device: HanLin V3, Cybook Odyssey HD, PocketBook PB626, PB632
If I cannot get Cool Reader to run on it the new firmware has no value to me.
ibat is offline   Reply With Quote