Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-02-2013, 04:55 AM   #31
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That might be nice for you, but it would be terrible for a library. Direct sunlight damages books; libraries should not have large windows.
One of the rooms in that piece has a bath in it. A bath! Are they mad?
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #32
barutanseijin
Nxfgrrjks
barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: aura hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That might be nice for you, but it would be terrible for a library. Direct sunlight damages books; libraries should not have large windows.
Depends on the books. You wouldn't keep your copy of the Book of Kells in a big sunny room, but for non-rare books or periodicals, i don't see the problem. Natural lighting is easier on the eyes.
barutanseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:31 PM   #33
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
I was thinking something close to this, but more spherical and a little bigger. And it would have to be an actual room, not freestanding.

http://www.ovei.co.uk
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #34
Kokomo Lee
Keeps on Ticking...
Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindles, iStuff, Nexus and a partridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
I would love an adventurer's library: big shelves lined with leather-bound books, a fireplace, a big desk and comfy chair, a glass cabinet filled with ''curiousities'' and stuff like spears and Zulu masks lining the walls. Like something straight out of an Indiana Jones movie or whatnot.
Put that room in a log cabin in the woods, and you have my dream library.
Kokomo Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #35
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
The fascinating thing about this hobby known as reading is that it makes the place you read take on secondary importance. The book becomes your world, and it does not matter if you are in a bathroom, on a plane, or in a concentration camp or prison.

I can enjoy reading even in a hotel.
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:58 AM   #36
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Wonderful pictures, but the joy of it is that all you need is a good chair and enough light.

In fact, given a good enough book, you'll forget how bad the light and chair are.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:11 AM   #37
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Wonderful pictures, but the joy of it is that all you need is a good chair and enough light.

In fact, given a good enough book, you'll forget how bad the light and chair are.
Until you finished the book and tried to get up...
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:59 AM   #38
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Until you finished the book and tried to get up...
LOL. True.

We recently bought a large wood frame 'American'-style armchair which has a seat that it is considerably higher off the floor than our sofa and other armchairs. This is definitely my favourite reading chair, beautifully-padded and also restful for my long legs.

A close friend has, however, described it as our 'old people's chair'.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:58 AM   #39
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by barutanseijin View Post
Depends on the books. You wouldn't keep your copy of the Book of Kells in a big sunny room, but for non-rare books or periodicals, i don't see the problem. Natural lighting is easier on the eyes.
It depends whether you want a reading room or a library for long-term storage of your books. A nice sunny room is great as a reading room, but it's bad as a library. Even if you only have cheap paperbacks, you probably don't want to have the spines faded by long-term exposure to sunlight.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #40
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
My favourite reading room is a solitary nook on a lake. It is admittedly uncomfortable on rainy days, but I've been known to happily read in such places in -20 C weather.

You'd be in a boat, I hope......

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #41
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
You'd be in a boat, I hope......

Don
Almost sounds like sitting in a skid mounted cabin or such, out ice fishing!

Last edited by DustyDisks; 03-04-2013 at 12:34 PM.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #42
Red Falcon
Addict
Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
I live on a lake.In the summer I have a small boat that I tether to a tree and lie in the boat and read.I love the rocking of the boat and the sounds of nature as I read,This is the best place I ever found for reading.
Red Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #43
auntiem
Enthusiast
auntiem will become famous soon enoughauntiem will become famous soon enoughauntiem will become famous soon enoughauntiem will become famous soon enoughauntiem will become famous soon enoughauntiem will become famous soon enough

Device: nexus 7
All I need is a big, cushy chair near a fireplace, a table for drinks and my e-reader and I'm happy. And if, as mentioned above, that is all in a log cabin, that would just be an added bonus.

Some of those pictures were pretty amazing though!!
auntiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #44
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I will read anywhere anytime. When I am reading I am oblivious to the world.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:03 AM   #45
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntiem View Post
All I need is a big, cushy chair near a fireplace, a table for drinks and my e-reader and I'm happy. And if, as mentioned above, that is all in a log cabin, that would just be an added bonus.

Some of those pictures were pretty amazing though!!
What about the mosquitoes!? Do you dowse yourself in DEET?
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote