Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
ylsul
Connoisseur
ylsul is on a distinguished road

Anyone using the Social networking feature

Hi,

I noticed in the manual that you can post stuff to social networking sites (facebook). I haven't tried it yet. Is anyone out there using it?
ylsul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:28 PM   #2
Cosmo Spring
Will read for food
Cosmo Spring doesn't litterCosmo Spring doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DX-G
I haven't, although I've thought about it. I just don't know what I'd share. I'm a big Facebook fan, and I share stuff using other services, but nothing I read on my Kindle is sharey-type stuff...
Cosmo Spring is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2010, 04:43 PM   #3
ylsul
Connoisseur

I suppose it might be useful if I were part of a book club or class.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:46 PM   #4
Gazerwolf
Enthusiast
Gazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheese

Device: 2 K2 Int, K4 SO, K4 Keyboard, Kindle DXG,Voyage(broke screen)PW4
I use the twitter one. I started using it as a book log.

You can search kindle for the #kindle tag to see how many people use it. It automatically adds that tag.
Gazerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:02 PM   #5
ylsul
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazerwolf View Post
I use the twitter one. I started using it as a book log.

You can search kindle for the #kindle tag to see how many people use it. It automatically adds that tag.
oh cool, thanks for the info!
Advert
Old 08-30-2010, 05:07 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I've used it a couple of times for FB, haven't gotten around to hooking up twitter. Glad it is there & plan to use it more.

Which reminds me, guess I need to tell my K3 about it...

Last edited by tomsem; 08-30-2010 at 05:10 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:13 PM   #7
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
I used the Facebook feature once by accident when I first got my K2 and upgraded to 2.5.x. Got back a couple of responses like "Oh, you got a Kindle! Let me know how you like it" and some "Likes".
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote