Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-28-2009, 03:15 PM   #1
carolan
carolan began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
syncing my Kindle and Kindle for PC

I got my Kindle 4 days ago, and just downloaded Kindle for PC today. Does someone know the particulars of getting my 'furthest page read' all synced up between the two? Does the wireless need to be on my Kindle at the same time as I'm trying to sync up with my PC? Or just have been on before I turn off my Kindle so that it can make a note of where I was? It seemed to sync up fine with the User's Guide that comes preloaded on my Kindle, however, the e-book I purchased from Amazon wasn't syncing properly. No matter what I did I couldn't seem to get it to work. I did check my Kindle settings on Amazon's site, and my synchronization is ON.
carolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:41 PM   #2
carolan

Well, I'm seeing that if I make sure my wireless is on and I give it a few minutes, it will sync up. I'll hope it syncs the other way as well (PC -> Kindle). I was thinking about getting a stand, but now don't know if I'll even bother if I can save my pages between both readers. My bookmarks don't seem to be available on the PC, but perhaps that's a different problem.
Advert
Old 12-28-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolan View Post
Or just have been on before I turn off my Kindle so that it can make a note of where I was?
This one.

You can also force a save before you put the Kindle to sleep. Just hit Menu and then click on "sync to furthest page read". If your wireless is off, you will asked if you want to turn it on. Then one of two things will happen, you'll either be told you're already on the furthest page read, or you will be given the location and date of the last sync. If the last sync has a date or location early than where you are currently, don't sync let it sync. Try the "sync to the furthest page read" again, and you should be good. Now your other Kindle reading apps will sync where you left off. You can now turn off the wireless, if you like.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:51 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolan View Post
My bookmarks don't seem to be available on the PC, but perhaps that's a different problem.
Your bookmarks are available under "Show Notes & Marks" in the upper right corner of the screen when the book is open.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:11 PM   #5
carolan

I did find where to bookmarks were meant to be, but they weren't showing up. I'm not really sure why.
Advert