Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-16-2016, 04:44 PM   #16
Alpha o
Addict
Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Darwin, inkBOOK Obsidian
There is a difference when the control is a slider or a button. I agree with the OP.
I have apps on a tablet that use sliders and its by guess and by golly unless you marked or remembered the original spot. Using your finger covers up the button and you can't tell how far you are moving anything. If you have a stylus, the point is far smaller than the fingertip and you have some idea of how you moved.

I can't skip the Wait screens in At Bat with any precision. At Bat uses sliders with buttons and no info of place on the line. You have no idea how far you have moved the button since innings aren't a standard length.

I've seen that in software, mostly with zoom in and out.

With a button, you can count clicks or presses at least.

It's also easier to use a button since it's stationary. Very helpful if you have a cat that insists on sleeping on your dominant hand.

Last edited by Alpha o; 04-16-2016 at 04:47 PM.
Alpha o is offline   Reply With Quote