Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-31-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
separating paragraphs

having recently survived (and triumphed!) over some plugboards and user defined columns, I now want to go into the domain of modifying the books themselves.

I have a drm-free mobi book where the paragraphs aren't really separated. There is a clear end to the paragraph, but the next paragraph starts on the next immediate line with no space between paragraphs, and no indents to mark the beginning of the next paragraph.

is there some setting that I can use to then re-convert the book to make there be a space between paragraphs? Since it's mobi, I can't go in and edit the css the way I could with an epub (and I don't know how to do that yet anyway, although that's on the list of things for me to learn). I'm sure there's some setting in calibre that I can use, but I'm too chicken to go in and experiment without knowing more what I'm doing.

Can anyone give me some directions on this? Thanks!
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:00 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
First, as long as you have another copy of the book you can't permanently hurt anything.
One must experiment to learn.
There is a setting under look and feel to add space between paragraphs
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool separating paragraphs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
having recently survived (and triumphed!) over some plugboards and user defined columns, I now want to go into the domain of modifying the books themselves.

I have a drm-free mobi book where the paragraphs aren't really separated. There is a clear end to the paragraph, but the next paragraph starts on the next immediate line with no space between paragraphs, and no indents to mark the beginning of the next paragraph.

is there some setting that I can use to then re-convert the book to make there be a space between paragraphs? Since it's mobi, I can't go in and edit the css the way I could with an epub (and I don't know how to do that yet anyway, although that's on the list of things for me to learn). I'm sure there's some setting in calibre that I can use, but I'm too chicken to go in and experiment without knowing more what I'm doing.

Can anyone give me some directions on this? Thanks!
Preferences -> Output Options -> MOBI Output

Play with the settings here till you get the output you want.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I found it - I did it - it worked!

I love, love, love this program.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote