Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-11-2011, 10:28 PM   #1
kindlecrack
kindlecrack began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre won't open all of a sudden.

Very strange thing has started happening to me. I went to launch calibre from my dock, (running OSX 10.6.8) and the icon bounces a few times, then stops. I tried again, same thing. It completely fails to open.

I restarted, logged out, and tried again. Still nothing.

I re-installed the current version, tried the new version (0.8.18) and still nothing. The same thing happens every time. I looked around on a few forums and they all got error messages popping up, I don't even get an error message.

I removed the library from the normal location to see if it would prompt me for it, but no luck- I don't think it even gets that far in opening.

I tried to run it from terminal, and I get this;

Code:
LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed for the application /Applications/calibre.app with error -10810.
Any help? I really love calibre, and would like to keep using it.

Thanks.
kindlecrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:43 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Run Console.app that will probably give you more info on the underlying problem
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2011, 11:09 PM   #3
kindlecrack
kindlecrack began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Run Console.app that will probably give you more info on the underlying problem
Code:
9/13/11 11:07:34 PM	[0x0-0x2bc2bc].net.kovidgoyal.calibre[11269]	RuntimeError: Failed to load the usbobserver plugin: dlopen(/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Frameworks/plugins/usbobserver.so, 2): Symbol not found: _FSMoveObjectToTrashSync
9/13/11 11:07:34 PM	[0x0-0x2bc2bc].net.kovidgoyal.calibre[11269]	  Referenced from: /Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Frameworks/plugins/usbobserver.so
Any idea?
kindlecrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:13 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
_FSMoveObjectToTrashSync is a symbol from an Apple system library. Being unable to open it, indicates you have a corrupted system library. You should contact Apple for help. Tell them the error message.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:19 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Here are two bug reports that refer to what seems to be the same issue, 1, 2. Apparently an Apple OS issue.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert