Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-06-2011, 10:43 PM   #76
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
I forgot! on earlier version, when you select to take note in the menu, a select text message appears on the bottom and the when you try to select, nothing happens. Now you can select text, but it goes marking the text by paragraph instead of words. But at least is doing something now! just my 2 cents on notes..
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
thanks!!! I installed and is working flawless. is fast! also, I open a CHM file and works fine. I notice some ghosting and some images have a bit of ghosting. But, there is a HUGE improvement for ealier version regarding images!!! as the list of changes "is working to the extreme"
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:37 AM   #77
edge71
Enthusiast
edge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Inkpad3
CoolReader show the format better than FBreader. Its a great app. But could be the better with this functionality:
  • Use of stylus in dictionary search to select the word to show in dictionary.
  • The possibility of take notes.
  • TTS (text to speech)
  • Add mobi/prc format

These are suggestions to improve the Coolreader app. Thanks for your great job
edge71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 01:34 AM   #78
atango
Enthusiast
atango began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902pro
Very happy with CR.
There is one problem, it displays epub and fb2 unicode(Korean for my case) perfectly.
However, I cannot see unicode characters in the dictionary. (I installed En-Ko dictionary).
I think there must be some set up in dict.css to enable unicode fonts.
FYI, I installed modified Liberation Sans font in /system/fonts directory which includes Korean fonts and PB recognize it as a system font.
atango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:16 AM   #79
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Taking Notes and able to read PRC/MOBI format is good!

TTS is nice to have, but not really important.

Keep the good job pkbo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge71 View Post
CoolReader show the format better than FBreader. Its a great app. But could be the better with this functionality:
  • Use of stylus in dictionary search to select the word to show in dictionary.
  • The possibility of take notes.
  • TTS (text to speech)
  • Add mobi/prc format

These are suggestions to improve the Coolreader app. Thanks for your great job
Old 06-10-2011, 07:47 AM   #80
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Mobi/Prc support has been in place for a while.
All you need to do it edit the extensions.cfg file.
There are some minor rendering glitches and TOCs aren't always recognized, but fbreader is much the same.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2011, 12:19 AM   #81
skydive
Addict

I did that already. I double check extension file and it was in there, but when I opened, there is a message that is corrupt or protected
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Mobi/Prc support has been in place for a while.
All you need to do it edit the extensions.cfg file.
There are some minor rendering glitches and TOCs aren't always recognized, but fbreader is much the same.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:20 AM   #82
skydive
Addict

I also found out that the notes are stored in a folder when you connect the PB902 to a computer. Keep going!!
Quote:
I forgot! on earlier version, when you select to take note in the menu, a select text message appears on the bottom and the when you try to select, nothing happens. Now you can select text, but it goes marking the text by paragraph instead of words. But at least is doing something now! just my 2 cents on notes..
Old 06-12-2011, 07:10 AM   #83
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
I did that already. I double check extension file and it was in there, but when I opened, there is a message that is corrupt or protected
And what does fbreader say to the same file?
My drm-free mobi files open fine...
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:10 AM   #84
skydive
Addict

fbreader opens file with no problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
And what does fbreader say to the same file?
My drm-free mobi files open fine...
Old 06-12-2011, 09:25 AM   #85
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
pkbo has done it again: version 0.0.5 can now be donwloaded:
Pro models
301 and 360
Changelog here
Thanks pkbo!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:34 AM   #86
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've adopted original CR notes implementation for PB. I don't know if it is usable or not. If you have some suggestion on how it should be done I will be glad to hear it.

As of current implementation you may select mode of operation (move selection, grow, shrink) by joystick (left|right) and perform operation by joystick (up and down). Selection saved when pressed OK, you make cancel note taking by key back or long OK. Notes saved in the internal memory in the cr3_notes directory.

Last edited by pkbo; 06-12-2011 at 10:27 AM.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:36 AM   #87
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
when I opened, there is a message that is corrupt or protected
Can you PM me link to such file. I don't know if I will fix it but at least I will check why it can't be open.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:39 AM   #88
pkbo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by atango View Post
However, I cannot see unicode characters in the dictionary. (I installed En-Ko dictionary).
I hope this message should help.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:20 AM   #89
atango
Enthusiast
atango began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902pro
Thanks pkbo, I edited the cr3skin.xml and move Liberation Sans (default font I modified) infront of Arial Unicode MS and DejaVu Sans and it displays the Korean characters.

But I found there is one problem in your new version (0.0.5).

When I push OK button, the pop-up configuration menu of Coolreader is in Russian regardless of device language setting.
atango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:20 AM   #90
marty63
Enthusiast
marty63 doesn't littermarty63 doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook Pro 902
New subversion 0.0.5-1

http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18522

v0.0.5-1
- Починил обратный поиск
* Шрифты возвернул, как было до 0.0.5
marty63 is offline   Reply With Quote