Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-25-2008, 06:22 PM   #1
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Bible Framework

After a long 120 hours,and learning to write basic HTML, hereby my html Bible Framework, for electronic readers(or computer).

Is supposed to work 99% perfect on the PRS505 when converted in Book Designer;works 100% on PC.
The menu structure is optimized for rapid chapter finding, most of the time faster than a regular printed Bible.
It does not support cross referencing or cross hyperlinking, for the simple reason that this would overload some Electronic Reading devices with lower memory (like the Sony PRS-505).

There may be some issues with the TOC on the PRS-505 reader. These are due to Book Designer, or Sony PRS-505 reader limitations, not coding issues.

You may need the program Winrar to open the archive and make use of the internal compressed html files. Winrar can be found at www.rarlab.com

Any suggestions, errors, room for improvement, please let me know!

============================
©Copyright Info:©

This file is free of copyright,
You can freely use this file (the Bible Frame) or trim it to your needs; for personal use or use in non commercial ebooks and electronic documents only!

This file was created by me (ProDigit), is free of charge, and first posted on Mobileread.com on 25th of december 2008.

You may NOT use it to gain profit out of it, or for any commercial works, to sell or gain profit out of it under any circumstance.

You may freely modify this file, but if you want to file a copyright patent on it or on a slightly modified version of this one, or on any book containing this file as menu structure, please contact me.
Thanks.
¿Version Info¿
V2: NT+OT

V3 Update, Further down-trimming of the html,and more compatibility for the Sony PRS reader, which does not support bookmarking a chapter found in the TOC (dualreference TOC/Bookmark)
Also some smaller chapter issues and bad links corrected

V4 out: Hyperlink chapter issue fixed
V4.1 out: Further trimming on HTML, and setting starting chapterlink to >3
Older version still available.
V4.2: A cleanup of HTML code, issues in 4.1 corrected (hyperlinks restored), smaller stuff updated. "Previous', and "Next chapter" renamed to "<<" and ">>".
v4.3: Added introductions on the books of NT.
v4.4: Minor ref id corrections (nahum & 1Thes).

Todo:
v4.5: Add introductions to Old Testament.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Bible framev4.4.rar (10.3 KB, 313 views)

Last edited by ProDigit; 04-16-2012 at 08:15 AM. Reason: 4.3
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 09:32 PM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
After a long 60 hours,and learning to write basic HTML, hereby my first html Framework for the bible, for electronic readers.
Works on computer,and if converted works 95% on the Sony PRS reader (see issue below).

You can open it in any html or word editor, and paste in your own version of the bible chapter by chapter in the body; or trim this version to your needs.
it should save you loads of time,creating a menus structure for the bible.

The menu structure allows rapid chapter finding, most of the time faster than a regular printed Bible.

Currently this bible has almost 4000 links in the Old testament,and we're very close to the max. internal links for e-readers.
There are issues with the TOC; I couldn't get more than 31 chapters in the TOC found on opening the book, but no bad, the TOC in page 2/3/4 should be complete.

I haven't yet checked out the NT version, so it may have some errors.

I have not yet tested this framework loaded with a bible translation in the reader.

Any suggestions, errors, please let me know!
Now how about one for NT, BoM, PoGP and D&C???

Derek

(New Testament, Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price and Doctrines & Covenants)
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2008, 11:04 PM   #3
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

NT is coming up; a pre-release is already found in the RAR file,
But due to christmas I haven't had time to fully check the NT.
For the other books I currently have no interest, however, if there's someone who wants to modify the original file, he is welcome to do so.

Last edited by ProDigit; 12-25-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:21 PM   #4
ProDigit
Karmaniac

Bible frame v2; further down-trimmed the HTML to the core information. + NT

Last edited by ProDigit; 02-03-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:10 AM   #5
ProDigit
Karmaniac

Bible Frame v3 I expect 1 more minor update until it's 100% perfect,and probably more Sony Reader optimized(which will make little difference on a computer).

If anyone is currently using this file,please let me know what you think of it.
Advert
Old 12-28-2008, 11:49 PM   #6
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Thanks for this. I am currently using it to create a (hopefully) nice epub version of the bible.

However it's slow going as I'm splitting each book into a separate html file to keep each file under 300KB.

LOTS of copying and pasting going on
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:20 PM   #7
ProDigit
Karmaniac

Version 4 out.
A small hyperlink issue fixed in OT, and NT.

I'd strongly recommend using last version.
Sherman,if you want, you can use the building block file for single chapters.
Just use a program with good search and replace (Notepad++, or copypaste in MS Word), and replace some words.
I'm into the process of creating the ASV, KJV,and a few more which have no copyright on them.
If you want to I could post the full html for you about by the end of the week.

And believe me,
The copy-pasting takes less time then what it took to create and test this frame.

The Sony Reader is limited to Old- and New testament. The full bible is a little overload for the device.
That's why currently I only have OLD or New testament (not chapter by chapter).

Last edited by ProDigit; 12-29-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #8
ProDigit
Karmaniac

V4.1 out!

V4.1 basically has some miniscule html improvements that will not change anything in the end version after convert.

It also has a few hyperlinks removed that where referring to the first 2 chapters of a book; it made no sense to keep them for functionality's sake. (chaptersection now starts from chapter 3)

The end product has less links, is smaller in size, and it should allow a bit faster browsing.

older version is still available for download though.

Last edited by ProDigit; 02-03-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:20 AM   #9
ProDigit
Karmaniac

.V4.2 out;
- Cleanup of code
- Hyperlink error corrected of v4.1
- "Previous_Chapter" and "Next_Chapter" are replaced by "<<" and ">>"
- Bodytexthere replaced by ChapterText
- Further optimized some chapters for best browsing speed, and smallest code.
- minor astethical changes (spaces removed before and/or after chapters)

This will be probably one of the last revisions. If there will be one more it'll be one that will support subtitles in BookDesigner for faster processing; but I don't know if I can fix that in html code yet.

Last edited by ProDigit; 02-03-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:38 PM   #10
ProDigit
Karmaniac

v4.3
- Added introduction per book(NT).
- better compatibility with BD (Title & Subtitles defined in NT).

Last edited by ProDigit; 03-06-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:52 AM   #11
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
ProDigit,

Excuse my incompetence...
but how do I get this file onto my 505?

I downloaded WinRar and have extracted the files
into a folder called "Bible Framework".

Now I'm at a loss as to what to do.

I've only had my 505 about a month and I have
done some simple conversions with Calibre.

Thanks kindly,
Gabrielle
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:56 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Gabrielle,

This is an HTML "framework" for creating different versions of the bible. It is not, in itself, a "book".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:00 AM   #13
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Gabrielle,

This is an HTML "framework" for creating different versions of the bible. It is not, in itself, a "book".
ahhh, ok. Now I understand!
hmm.. do I see a new hobby on the horizon? hehe
I need something constructive to keep me out of trouble...

Thanks Harry
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:24 PM   #14
ProDigit
Karmaniac

if you want to I've already managed to create 2 bible versions, and 1 bible commentary of it,which are posted in the ebook section.

I know of another user, using this frame to create his own version of the bible.

If you own an electronic text bible, you can for your own use create one using this frame (or modifying it to suit your needs).

I have created "The Message" bible for my own, but due to copyright can and will not share it.
The message as bible translation is not available on the Sony, so I made my own version.
(I own the Pbook).

Other ideas might be bible commentaries, or using the same structure to create a dictionary (which you might be able to subtract from digital databases of dictionaries), concordance, or other large chapter/volume books,like the Torah, or Koran or something...

Last edited by ProDigit; 03-11-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:40 AM   #15
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
@ ProDigit: If you were referring to me, well lets just say I kinda got sidetracked at one point and never got around to finishing.

If you weren't referring to me, well just an update to the epub version I was creating... it kinda never got anywhere.

I might take a look at what you've uploaded and create an epub from that though if that's ok with you.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bible, developement, framework