Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-27-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
kmchugh
kmchugh began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600
Can't setup eBook Library on Computer for PRS 600

I have tried to set up the eBook Library more times than I can count. It starts, then I get the error message "A problem occurred while installing the software on your computer." No options to fix the problem, nothing else to do but click OK, and go do something else.

I called for assistance on Christmas (got the reader as a present) and was told "wait until tomorrow, when our server isn't so busy." I still can't download anything. I'm ready to send this thing to Sony with a few choice comments and a demand for a refund.

Any help out there at all?
kmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, kmchugh.

Someone will chime in soon with helpful hints.

In the meantime, have you considered installing Calibre as your ebook manager?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2009, 09:35 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Try downloading it manually from:

http://ebookstore.sony.com/download/

DG - how will installing Calibre help? That won't allow you to buy books from Sony. It's not copying books to the Reader that's the issue (you can do that with Windows Explorer); it's buying books.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Someone around here posted a mirror to a european site that helped people successfully download the software, but i don't know much about how it works.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:04 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Try downloading it manually from:

http://ebookstore.sony.com/download/

DG - how will installing Calibre help? That won't allow you to buy books from Sony. It's not copying books to the Reader that's the issue (you can do that with Windows Explorer); it's buying books.
Not with downloading books, no........but as my post said....its a great e-book library manager.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #6
Dragonfly
Dragonfly began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Hey guys me and my wife been find the same probs for 3 days. We would get 2027,1106, and a continued software install error. Even after library and everything downloaded. This is what I finally did and its all good now, just a few miniutes ago. We went to the adobe web site. loged n our account. then downloaded "Adobe digital edition." You have to make sure u have this or you will always and still continue to recieve the same errors. The reader is working great now. Hope this helps. Let me know. Merry Chrismas
Dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:23 PM   #7
Mccs
Mccs began at the beginning.

Device: Sony E-Reader
No longer can open Sony Reader Library

I am no longer able to open my reader library. I have tried uninstalling, restarting my computer, and reinstalling the software (several times, both from my reader and manually from the Sony site). I have also tried allowing the reader library via DEP (as was suggested in one of the blogs). Nothing seems to work

Any ideas? I'm getting so frustrated that I'm about to toss my e-reader and get an i-pad.

Mccs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #8
Richey79
mrkrgnao
Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS650, K3 Wireless, Galaxy S3, iPad 3.
My software does the same.

The first time it did it, I followed a guide of which files to delete after uninstall, reboot, reinstall etc. This fixed the problem at the time. I did a quick search to see if I could find the guide for you, but couldn't - it's on some guy's blog.

Reader Library failed again, and no longer loads when you double click it. Tried the solution again - nothing. I've given up on it.

I don't see it as a deterent to using the hardware: if Sony don't want my money for books, that's their choice. I know from those who have contacted Sony that they are aware of the problem, and term it a 'compatibility problem', but can offer no solution.

Not great, really, is it?
Richey79 is offline   Reply With Quote