Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-08-2012, 06:28 AM   #3751
yolan
Connoisseur
yolan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & Kindle PW
Hi Analogus

Good to know everything is ok then!

I forgot to mention I have a PRS-650 (need to update my profile :-))

I really like the fine-size overlay for epubs, a great great enhancement !!!
I just noticed that you need to remember your current settings for line height and fine-size, as they are not marked in black when you open the overlay (at least on my device, it does not mark somehow the current settings).
Is it possible to display the current settings marked in black, just as the current rough-size selection is displayed?

Thank you! Great job!

Last edited by yolan; 06-08-2012 at 06:31 AM.
yolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:36 AM   #3752
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
yolan:

I tried hard to solve this but struggled and gave up in the end. I have no idea how to keep the buttons black though much help came from the developers. Sorry...

Another thing I was not able to manage is displaying the function of the new middle button of the font size overlay. You can choose between several functions over PRS+ setup but there will be no hint which function is currently activated.

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2012, 07:55 AM   #3753
yolan
Connoisseur
yolan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & Kindle PW
Thank you Analogus

Not a big problem compared to the big enhancement you provided! :-)
Thanks again
yolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #3754
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogus View Post
I tried hard to solve this but struggled and gave up in the end. I have no idea how to keep the buttons black though much help came from the developers. Sorry...

Another thing I was not able to manage is displaying the function of the new middle button of the font size overlay. You can choose between several functions over PRS+ setup but there will be no hint which function is currently activated.

A.
Hi Analogus,

check your e-mail, solution for both is on its way
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:58 PM   #3755
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mark:
Thank you, mail in your mbox.

Additions to my mail:

The glitch with the default page-layout is still existing. When closing a book, reopen it again, SONY's default layout will be activated and not the choosen one over PRS+

The caption on the middle button should be held flexible. 'SomeText' is shown. But when I try to held it flexible with a variable it won't work. I tried to remove the ' ' around 'SomeText' and assign this variable (?) with a value, but get major errors.

It would be nice when opening a non-EPUB-book the buttons are greyed out. It should be possible, but I didn't manage it.

When restarting the reader the buttons (font size fine; line height) are reset to the default assigned values you added in variable-definitions. That's not a good choice because most of the time this is missleading.

In any case it would be a great help to be able to store this value as an option value. I tried to manage it several times. But I was never able to write directly in one of the hidden files storing the variable values. But this would be necessary in some cases. For example in the case above:
Choosing a new value for the font-size --> writing this value in the file holding the value of the variable --> using this value in showing the right font size even in PRS+ menue / using this value for restoring the button-colour when restarting the reader.

yolan:
Solution on the way for keeping buttons selected. Looks good so far...

Last edited by Analogus; 06-10-2012 at 04:18 AM.
Advert
Old 06-10-2012, 08:28 AM   #3756
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

A

please note that I was just checking out the principles.

ad 1) Didn't address it at all
ad 2) should work with a variable as well
ad 3) varBtn.enable(false) should do the trick
ad 4) agree to use option values

Will try to have a further look, but don't expect it tomorrow.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #3757
Analogus
Fanatic

Hi

Your contribution is most welcome!

1) Ok ;-)
2) Try once more in the evening
3) Thank you. Will try it out.

No problem concerning time. As the current state is usable and stable there is no reason to hurry. With your help buttons store the current state which is a huge progress in usability.

Thanks again
Old 06-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #3758
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

A

you are welcome.

2 and 4 done, e-mail is on the way.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #3759
Analogus
Fanatic

Hi

Sadly no mail had rushed in so far ;-)

Besides: new updated repository online
Old 06-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #3760
Scipio
Scipio began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 650
Akku problems

Since at least one year I had PRS+ on my 650 and since April the fabulous Zork-Edition. (By the way analogus, there is one major bug: If you update the zork-editon, all your zork-savegames get lost! )

But I also had the known akku problems: suddenly the akku runs empty over night etc.
I followed the advice, to return to the homescreen after reading because there might be some problems with bad formated epubs and shut of the power savings. It reduced the appearance of the power losses but not completly.

Finally I returned to sonys firmware a few weeks ago (and at once missed the folder access) and ALL the powerproblems are gone (with the same ebooks on it). The reader got several times in sleepmode and shut completly down. When I started it again one oder two days later the akku remained its last state.

I know, you (the PRS+ people) tested everything and found no problem, but it works for me...sadly, because I liked PRS+ very much
Perhaps my experience helps someone.

Greetings, Scipio
Scipio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #3761
Analogus
Fanatic

Scipio:

Thanks for reporting the bug. Will have an eye on it!

Power-problem:
Sadly I for my part cannot do anything. I have the PRS350 and never suffered a power-problem I were not able to solve with deleting some books. I've the suspicion that the power-loss is esp. a problem with the 650-line.

A.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:53 AM   #3762
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

Scipio

By any chance are you using a MS and/or SD-card?
Which settings for Browse-Folders-Card-Access are/were used?

I do not use any cards with my 650 (though the 505 utilize one for the beta-folder) and only once noticed a quick discharge, which - very likely - was due to a malformated/converted e-book.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:22 AM   #3763
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Scipio

One other possibility: were you using the "pages to next chapter" page index style? I think that might cause problems with some epubs.

(By the way, I have a 650 and only very rarely have I had a battery discharge problem.)

Sincerely,
Ben.
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:42 AM   #3764
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogus View Post
Scipio:

Thanks for reporting the bug. Will have an eye on it!

Power-problem:
Sadly I for my part cannot do anything. I have the PRS350 and never suffered a power-problem I were not able to solve with deleting some books. I've the suspicion that the power-loss is esp. a problem with the 650-line.

A.
I'm afraid that 350 suffers that problem, too, but in a minor degree (a friend of mine has had to come back to standard firmware because of it).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #3765
Analogus
Fanatic

Ben:

So it could be a good choice to remove this option. Better one option less then one distracted user less ;-)
I never used this option. That's of course no evidence but at least one hint.

Mark:

Great work! Thanks. After removing one small bug the button/option-thing buttons stay black and follow changing option-values over PRS-options. New files will be in the repository soon.

A.