Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 10:35 AM   #2011
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
In addition, changing the title *will* muddle things up, IIRC.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:38 AM   #2012
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
In addition, changing the title *will* muddle things up, IIRC.
Tell me about it! I've had to delete and recreate entire collections before!

It's usually my TBR. So there's no pattern.
Advert
Old 04-25-2014, 02:40 AM   #2013
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 5
As far as I understand there is no way how to use collection manager in Kindle touch with firmware 5.3.7? Am I right?
Old 04-25-2014, 09:20 AM   #2014
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@donMaranzano: Huh, no? It works fine on the Touch, no matter the FW version. The issues you might be thinking of only apply to devices running newer FW versions of the 5.4 branch (i.e. PW1 & PW2).
Old 04-25-2014, 09:34 AM   #2015
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

As far I as read in the forum the Kindle Collection manager is not working with Calibre?
Advert
Old 04-25-2014, 10:14 AM   #2016
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yes it does. Read both the first post here, and the first post of the CM thread in the Kindle Dev forum, that should clear things up.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:17 PM   #2017
donMaranzano
Zealot

I mean Kidnle 5 touch with ads.

This plugin does not work on Kindle Touch because Amazon changed the way the Kindle manages collections on the Touch. This cannot be fixed by modifying the plugin since the collection information is no longer accessible by users. You may want to contact Amazon and ask them to provide a way to manage your collections without having to edit them using the Kindle..
Old 04-25-2014, 04:21 PM   #2018
NiLuJe
BLAM!

big bag of NOPE. .
Old 04-29-2014, 09:59 PM   #2019
Poppasmurf
Poppasmurf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Paperwhite
how will it work?

I use Calibre to manage books on my Kindle Keyboard and my wife's Kindle Paperwhite. I understand that the Collections plugin will not work on the Paperwhite, which is not really a problem as she only has 5 or 6 books loaded at anytime.
I, on the otherhand have over 200 books, most already in collections that I manually set up on my Kindle (what a drudge!).

My question is if I load the Collections plugin into Calibre and use it to manage my collections on my Kindle Keyboard, will I run into problems when I connect up the paperwhite, keeping in mind that I do not need/want collections on the Paperwhite?
Old 04-29-2014, 10:22 PM   #2020
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Nope, everything is handled on a per-device basis .
Old 05-02-2014, 12:45 PM   #2021
Poppasmurf
Poppasmurf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Nope, everything is handled on a per-device basis .
Perfect .. thanks for the info
Old 05-04-2014, 09:20 AM   #2022
brush52
brush52 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Collections for selected authors rather than all

Tried to search but to no avail. I am trying to send selected books to the Kindle (keyboard) but the "preview collections without saving" facility appears to be saying that all books (1000+) will be sent.
I am simply trying to send all books from five selected authors into separate author "folders".

Am I missing something obvious -- or is it simply that if I tried it it would work !
Old 05-04-2014, 11:18 AM   #2023
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
There is a box for filtering which items in each field should get a collection. Both an inclusion and an exclusion field I believe.
I think it uses regex so you want to enter in

Code:
(author1|author2|etc)
Old 05-04-2014, 11:44 AM   #2024
brush52
brush52 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Thanks eschwartz

I did see this but it is cumbersome if you want to include quite a few authors. I thought that there would be a way of restricting the "collections" to the authors highlighted. After all, the normal way of sending books to the Kindle is to highlight the ones you want and only these are sent.

If this is not the case then so be it.

Thanks for the speedy response, much appreciated.

Last edited by brush52; 05-04-2014 at 11:52 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-04-2014, 12:26 PM   #2025
NiLuJe
BLAM!

IIRC, nope, the plugin affects the whole library (unless you're editing collections manually, of course). Don't know how it behaves with sub/virtual libraries, because I'm not familiar with that Calibre feature (hence me not even remembering how it's called ;D).

That said, sending the collections won't send the books themselves, but having collections for books not on the device is inefficient .
Closed Thread