Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-05-2009, 09:51 AM   #16
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I think that you cant go wrong with either one. I used my sisters' K1 this past week and I know what you mean about the K1's shape. Makes it easier to hold with the left hand... not to mention the rubber coating of the back of the reader. With that said, I am just used to my K2 and that is what I would choose should I loose my reader like you did...
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:54 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
By Jiminy, it's a laughing duck!
You sure it's not a lame duck?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2009, 09:56 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
What you are looking for is a Silver Sony PRS-505, available now at Target.
I cannot agree with that. Now if you had said BLUE 505, I would 100% agree. If you get a 505, you get something you can never get with a Kindle. You get rid of big brother Jeff.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:57 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
If you think you've just got to support Amazon's screwy book business then go for the K1 & keep Whispernet turned off (to keep their crippling updates off your K1).

But if you want a really good ebook reader, buy an EZ Reader.

BTW, I can identify with you, having lost my first EZ Reader & now replaced it with a new blue EZ Reader.
Fry's has totally put me off the idea of an EZ Reader. A BeBook however, I could recommend.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:53 PM   #20
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You sure it's not a lame duck?
Nah - that one's in Alaska.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2009, 06:35 PM   #21
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Did you make the decision yet?
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:27 PM   #22
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I like my Kindle (1) and just bought a second one for my daughter. I also have a silver Sony 505 and enjoy using it. I always fold the cover back when I'm reading on either, and I assume I'd do the same with a K2.

Now, I'm lusting for something really colorful -- green is preferred! The coming 5-inch E Ink devices are appealing: the Bookeen Opus looked really cool and I could put up with the white case (or cover it with a skin) if the price is right. A Jetbook might be nice if they'd add support for *some* DRM format -- or if the publishers/stores would abandon DRM entirely -- so I could purchase current-release titles. Cool-ER and Astak EZ Readers seem just a little bit too high in price, but maybe they'll come down now that Amazon has lowered the price of the K2.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:24 AM   #23
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Take advantage of the K2 price drop?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:35 AM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

See what sort of price you can get for a K1. If it's cheap enough, get a K1 and then wait and see what else comes out later this year or next. You might find one of the new offerings something you want and you could always give away or sell your K1 should you want to.