Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 08-21-2014, 03:38 AM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Immersion Reading issues

I've been experiencing some issues with immersion reading when switching back and forth between text mode and audiobook controls mode. The two get out of sync, particularly if the screen locks while the audio plays. When I unlock, it jumps back to the point where it was when the screen locked and starts audio playback from that point. Also when switching between modes it is not uncommon to have 'sync' dialogs pop up asking if you want to go to a more recent location. This is really stupid because the two locations should be identical at all times even if you are offline, at least if this only involves one device.

I think the trouble all started with the update that added 'most recent' sync.

The issue is not confined to the Fire, I'm getting the similar issues with the Kindle app on my Android phone. Have not been using my iOS devices much lately but am guessing it is a problem there as well.

The Audible app has long had sync issues like this and now it seems the 'virus' has spread. Somebody did not execute a good test plan.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote